The Avarice Of Man Review

the red shore: The Avarice Of Man
Released: Sep3, 2010
Genre: Technical Deathcore/Death Metal
Label: Roadrunner Records
They don't have an ounce of originality, they don't do their own thing when they're playing. But they sound good. Great even. They are what deathcore should be, and this album reflects that. Overall, I think this is a very good album.
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
The Avarice Of Man Reviewed by: freezesmyblood, on january 27, 2012

Sound: "People always argue about what genre a certain band is. Whether some band is grindcore or deathcore, death metal or deathcore. It's been left to the listeners to decide. Well with The Red Shore, they should be categorized under "Redcore" because I've heard nothing like them before." That's what I would say if The Red Shore had even the slightest amount of originality in their songs. They just sound like the standard deathcore band: fast vocals, chug riffs, blastbeats. Not a bit original. But just wait. Before you say "Jeez, this band must be terrible", let me finish what I'm saying. They don't have an ounce of originality, they don't do their own thing when they're playing. But they sound good. Great even. They are what deathcore should be, and this album reflects that. From the first song ("Creation"), which is really more of an intro, "The Avarice Of Man" just has this vibe I think anyone into metal or deathcore would love. "Creation" sets the next song, "The Seed Of Annihilation", up perfectly. Each song destroys your eardrums with insane drums, guitar, and vocals. Really, the only thing I'm not too hot about is that Chase Butler (vocals) really only growls. Sure it sounds good, but it can make the songs blend together and begin to sound very linear, something I don't like in deathcore. Another little thing I didn't really enjoy is this CD sounds quite a lot more technical then any previous ones. Metal should be loose and fun. When bands go into overdrive too much, it begins to sound forced. // 8

Lyrics: Like most deathcore (this isn't a complaint), the lyrics are relatively violent and do quite a bit of religion bashing. Mostly, they seem to be ranting about how f--ked up people have become, following things blindly. There's a few lines from the song "Approaching The Tempest" that really show what I mean: "You are all at the hands of exile The descendency of death will fall like rain You are all at the hands of termination You have sealed your allegiance with extinction" // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, I think this is a very good album. There are certain things I'm not too into, but all in all, very good. Honestly, I liked all the songs. The fact that there aren't any I specifically enjoy is slightly troubling, but it could be worse. Anyone who likes deathcore, just plain and simple, will love this CD. It has everything for you people out there like me. It isn't really a groundbreaking CD, and with so many other good ones out there, it doesn't really compare. Also, certain songs can blend together. But, even though it's like this, you're gonna have a hell of a time listening to this. The Red Shore is some of deathcore's finest, and I'm certainly looking forward to see what else they can create. // 9

More The Red Shore reviews rating latest review