LP II Review

The Soviettes: LP II
Release Date: Apr 13, 2004
Label: Adeline
Genres: Punk Revival, Punk-Pop
The Soviettes are really that good in LP II. They have an untraditional style of short, two minute, bursting with energy songs that is vaguely similar to the Ramones.
 4.9
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
LP II Reviewed by: stonyman65, on september 29, 2006

Sound: LP II is the followup to the Soviettes first mass marketed CD LP. The twin city girls (and a guy who plays drums) are back for more bratty punk with 4 part harmonies fast powerchords. This CD has 14 tracks and is heavier (I geuss) than their last album. It also has reduced quality recordings to give it a more punkish sound. Their music skills and vocal skills have improved a lot too. // 10

Lyrics: This is my personal favorite of all 3 LPs. They lrics are mostly about the same stuff but their is an added presence of comedy to the lyrics. like the song "Come On Bokkie!" made me laugh when one of the girls starts the song out with screaming "7-6-5-4-3-2-1 stop!" and sturgeon ending the song with a high pitched whoa! The music in this LP are somewhat better than the last album, the guitar still sounds the same, but the playing is much better. The music goes great with the lyrics and all of the band members have really improved their singing. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is great if you are a fan of the Soviettes. It seems as the band releases more albums, they get better and better. My favorite songs from the CD are "#1 Is Number 2," "Pass The Flashlight," "Winning Is For Losers," "Portland" and "Come On Bokkie". I like all 14 songs on this CD but some of them could be better, but they are still great no matter what. If it where lost I would just get the music off my PC and burn myself another CD, maybe I would buy it again for the booklet so I can read the lyrics. This is definitally on my top 5 desert island list. // 9

More The Soviettes reviews rating latest review