There's No Leaving Now Review

9.7
 8.2
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
There's No Leaving Now Reviewed by: cjb2293, on february 19, 2013

Sound: The Tallest Man On Earth has a wonderful sound that reminds me very much of Bob Dylan. The CD is full of genius songwriting, which includes a song titled "Little Brother". The song has very powerful message that I view as being protective about your little brother and I was actually surprised to see in an interview with Kristian Matsson (AKA Tallest Man On Earth) that he was the little brother in the song, which really changes the perspective of how you view it. Musically The Tallest Man On Earth can be categorized as a folk, indie, or singer/songwriter who is known for his unique vocals. // 9

Lyrics: Lyrically, I am impressed more with every listen. While a lot of his songs previously seemed to have a nature theme, this CD seemed to focus more on songs about relationships with others, while also holding that nature theme for a few tracks. Each of the songs have a beautiful relationship between the music and lyrics that can only be described as perfectly balanced. Perhaps the biggest factor in your decision to love or hate The Tallest Man On Earth will be his unique vocal style. He holds a unique grunge in his voice that sets him aside from anything else you have heard before. If you haven't had a listen to him yet, make sure you take some time to explore how he uses his voice in his songs to really express the emotions of the songs. // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to his previous albums, "There's No Leaving Now" is a breathe of the same Tallest Man On Earth that everyone has come to know and love. Its refreshing to have some new themes in his songs and have songs with a little more diversity in tempo. The tracks that really stick out to me on this album are his songs "1904", "Little Brother", and of course his title track "There's No Leaving Now". Each one of these are masterfully crafted with raw emotion that you can feel every time you listen to them. The Tallest Man On Earth has certainly won me over with his unique sound. His sound and songwriting abilities mixed in with an emotion that you can feel through the music are all what make this album a must buy! The only thing I hate about this album is that there aren't more songs for me to hear on it. I have this album backed up onto every device I own so I will never lose it.

// 10