Kingdom Earth Review

The Worshyp: Kingdom Earth
Released: Jan 19, 2011
Genre: Heavy Metal
Label: Self-released
These guys aren't trying to be a metal band. They are a modern 80's metal band and I love them!
 Lyrics: 9.5
 9.9
 9.7
Kingdom Earth Reviewed by: Megadethfan245, on july 07, 2011

Sound: Well first of all I'm going to tell y'all how I found the band. No it's not some story like I was walking down the road, a guy shot at me and the guitar player threw his guitar in front of me to save my life. I simply found them because the singer and guitarist (Marz Nova) used to be good friends with my dad and my dad told me about The Worshyp one night so I checked them out. I'm very glad I checked them out, they're an amazing band and their debut album "Kingdom Earth" is a great buy. They're not like those new metal-core bands (no offense to everyone who likes metal-core bands) these guys are the real deal. They really are doing a great job of making 80's metal in the current times. They are easily one of my favorite Canadian bands, their up there with Rush, Annihilator and Voivod. The music is just insane on all parts. Everybody is very skilled at their instruments. Each song kind of sounds like something new which is good so they aren't recycling material. The album was recorded in Metal Hammer Studio in Hamilton by producer Anthony Vaughn. // 9

Lyrics: Now with a voice like Marz I can understand how people could hate on it I guess, but personally I like it a lot. Really for a 30 some year old guy he's a pretty awesome singer! The first half of the album "Kingdom Earth" is about an in alien invasion, it's a pretty cool idea since it's not something that is overly talked about in metal. This side of the album includes the songs "Crop Circles", "Under Surveillance", "My World" and "The Sewers". Crop circles is about the warnings left by aliens. "Under Surveillance" is about the aliens infiltrating our population and their spaceships are seen around earth. "My World" is about the alien invasion actually happening. "The Sewers" is about the rebels that won't give into the aliens ways, during the day they stay in the sewers but at night they attack. The aliens are referred to as "greyheads". The rest of the album just includes other songs that aren't connected. On that side of the album my favorite lyrics are probably Never Afraid. The lyrics are about depression. // 9

Overall Impression: This album COMPLETELY blew me away to be honest. I expected some old dudes trying to be a metal band. But these guys aren't trying to be a metal band. They are a modern 80's metal band and I love them! This is probably one of the best debut albums by any band that I've ever heard. My favorite song on the album is probably "Spirit Keys" or "Left For Dead". Both are really awesome songs with great vocals and guitar. There is nothing I hate about this album, it's just amazing. If this was stolen, I'd go out and find the guy who stole it and kill him! No one gets away with stealing God like music from me. So go and pick this album up, now! // 10

Kingdom Earth Reviewed by: wlfolse, on november 23, 2011

Sound: When I first heard The Worshyp the vocals blew me away. Marz has a voice that at times reminds me of Ozzy then at times James Hetfield and the list goes on. Mig Diablo on bass is incredible and Thor is amazing. KK Devia's drumming breathes life into the sound quality and just raises the quality of each song to a new level. All of the elements combine to create a sound that is a fresh new version of what metal used to be! // 10

Lyrics: Each song on the album is such a perfect blend of both lyrics and harmonic melodies that back them. You can listen to each song and the music perfectly matches the lyrical content. As far as the lead vocalist... He can blow you away. He puts so much passion and heart into each and every song! // 10

Overall Impression: "Kingdom Earth" is bringing back what metal used to be. To say they are like this band or that band does not do them justice. They are pure metal without the gimmicks! They have it all... Quality, sound, lyrics, and awesome kick a-s metal music. This is one of those albums where it is way too difficult to pick one favorite because there is a song for each different mood. It totally depends on where my mood is that day. All of the songs are that good. But "Never Be Afraid" is probably the one I listen most often, at least this week. // 10

Comments