As The World Bleeds Review

8.9
 8.8
review (1) 20 comments vote for this album:
As The World Bleeds Reviewed by: Kajinaga, on december 08, 2011

Sound: I popped in this baby and began cruising down the road. The first song lasted ELEVEN MINUTES. But, it was eleven minutes of awesomeness that let me know Theocracy's third album, As The World Bleeds, was going to be just as good as the previous albums. This is the first time the singer is actually only singing, so it's the first album with an entire band. This album is an amazing example of how Christian metal can be Christian and sound good. You can tell they worked really hard on the songs because they don't follow a specific format. The riffs are awesome, the singer does not overuse what he can do with his voice, and he also has amazing harmony parts in there just at the right places. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are of course, Christian, but that does not mean they aren't good. They actually have some depth into them and aren't written without meaning. The singer uses a perfect voice for progressive power metal. He changes octaves and does not just scream the entire time. That's what I really like about Theocracy! // 8

Overall Impression: This album definitely is a keeper for me. It's just as good as their previous ones and I would love to see them live! I may not have every single song on there put on my favorites, but I know I will always love Drown, Nailed, and Hide In The Fairytale. The only thing I hate is that there are no music videos for any of their songs! I'd love to see them together as a band. If this was lost or something happened to it, I'm definitely going to reburn it from my media library. To be honest, these guys truly make me happy about the Christian Metal genre. They are really showing off skills you don't hear too often in it and I think it won't be too long before they are leading the Christian Progressive Power Metal genre with the potential they have. And yes, if you haven't figured it out yet, I am a die hard fan. // 9

Comments