Gasoline Review

Released: Mar 29, 2005
Label: Roadrunner
Genre: Rock
Styles: Post-Grunge
This album by far is a great follow up to TOAD's self-titled debut album. You can really tell they've grown and matured as a band by listening to Gasoline.
 9.8
 9.6
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Gasoline Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 31, 2005

Sound: Wow. This sums up the whole album. Sounds alot like their previous album, however, they have gone a little softer, but the overall sound is just great. Beautiful guitar work, lyrics are really great, and the singer's voice is awesome. Since You've Been Gone, Santa Monica, Say Goodbye, and Me And My Girl are my fav tracks. Really great sound. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics are great. Kinda sad at times, but they pick back up. Like Me And My Girl: "Me and my girl were the modern day Bonnie and Clyde." "Now things are f--ked up, instead of listening to your lips I just wanna staple them shut" I mean, damn. Lyrics went a little softer on some songs, but they still are really good. // 10

Overall Impression: This album, in my opinion, puts Theory past Nickelback and anyone else right now. They can still maintain that hard rock without it sounding repetitive or boring. They change it up here and there with orchestra, a banjo, and other odd sounds that make it sound just awesome. I would definitely go and buy this album again if I lost it. I really have to recommend this if you want hard rock at its greatest and best. // 10

More Theory Of A Deadman reviews rating latest review