Bad Reputation Expanded Re-Issue Review

Genre: Hard rock
Label: Vertigo
 9.5
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Bad Reputation Expanded Re-Issue Reviewed by: Deathhead93, on september 15, 2011

Sound: The sound on this record is classic 70's rock with a touch of funk in some songs. If you are a Thin Lizzy fan you should know that Brian Robertson was only partially involved in the recording due to drug exhaustion, it was his last recording with the band as far as I know. If you are a fan of classic rock, check out songs like "Bad Reputation" "Opium Trail" or "Killer without a Cause" or just all three, they are great songs. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are varied: for example Opium Trail has to do with Heroin and Opium dungeons. Killer without a Cause is about a killer (duh) and the song "That Woman's Gonna Break Your Heart" is just what it sounds like it's going to be about. Phil Lynott is one of my all time favorite singers, he sings very well in this recording. // 8

Overall Impression: I do not know any bands that compare soundwise, but it is rock with a touch of funk. Most Impressive songs: Opium Trail, Bad Reputation and Killer Without A Cause. If it was stolen I wouldn't mind as I already have this on LP (two actually, one from my dad's old collection and one from my mom's). The CD is rather cheap, I bought this summer in England at HMV and it costed 7 or 8. // 10

More Thin Lizzy reviews rating latest review