Come Together Review

third day: Come Together
Release Date: Nov 6, 2001
Label: Essential
Genres: Cristian Rock, CCM, Alternative CCM
Rising above the endless stream of "worship" CDs put out in the last two years, Third Day has made a cogent, powerful piece of art that will stand the test of time.
 8.7
 9.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Come Together Reviewed by: aaron00lee, on february 13, 2008

Sound: To put it simply, this CD got me stuck on Third Day. I found it in my dad's CD collection, put it in a CD player and wow, became one of my favorite bands. The CD starts off with "Come Together" which is still one of my favorite songs. It really defines Third Day's sound, a kind of rock with a fun side to it, but not like a Relient K rock, it's better. They sound great on this whole album, from the rockin "Come Together" to the more suttle "My Heart", to songs that have become popular worship songs such as "Nothing Compares". Overall it'll have you wanting to hit repeat, and again, and again. // 10

Lyrics: While Third Day sounds awesome it's lyrics are even awesomer. Their lyrics aren't talking about you breaking up with your girlfriend, or wanting to commit suicide, they have real meaning. For starters listen to "Come Together", it talks about how every man for himself doesn't work, and that's how Third Day is. And of course with the addition of Mac Powell's amazing and unique voice they sound even better. // 9

Overall Impression: Third Day is certainly an awesome band. Every song on their album could be singles, they're just goood. They speak fathoms with their lyrics, have you jumping around with their rocking, and might have you crying with the meanings. If I lost this CD I would definitely get another copy, because it's just a plain good addition to your CD collection. They rock. // 9

More Third Day reviews rating latest review