Revelation Review

third day: Revelation
Released: Jul 29, 2008
Genre: Southern Rock
Label: Essential
Revelation is the ninth studio album and thirteenth overall release from Third Day, which was released on July 29, 2008. It debuted at #6 on the billboard 200 and #1 on Christian Album charts.
 6.6
 9.1
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Revelation Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 09, 2009

Sound: I actually liked their other CD, which is titled Wherever You Are. They had a solid sound. However, on their new album Revelation, they started to move in a direction that absolutely drove me insane! Their songs Slow Down, Run to You, Otherside, Caught Up In Yourself, and Take It All are perfectly fine. Especially their solos. Unfortunately, the rest are just annoying plain and simple. I have never been a fan of twangy, southern style music. Whether this change is due to one of the guitarists, Brad Avery, leaving the band, or they're just "broadening their scopes", I don't like it. If you are fine with Texas cowboy music, you should buy this CD. If you are like me, don't waste your money and just download the 5 out of 13 tolerable songs on iTunes or something. // 4

Lyrics: I like the lyrics on Run To You and Take It All. Even though the instrumentals on Take It All are less than stellar and designed to be the acoustic closer on the album, the lyrics still tell a valuable story about how we need God's forgiveness and mercy to help us move on in life. Run To You, sung by Third Day's singer(Mac Powell)with background vocals done by Lacy Mosely of Flyleaf, is the chronicle about how people try so hard to find what they're looking for and they have to realize that God was there for them all along. // 4

Overall Impression: They are not my favorite band after the publication of this album, but they are still okay for the few survivable songs on the disc. If you have a few extra bucks in your wallet, go ahead and buy it just to try them out. However, if I were to lose this or scratch it, it would not be something I would invest in again. // 4

More Third Day reviews rating latest review