The End Is Where We Begin Review

7.7
 8.4
review (1) 12 comments vote for this album:
The End Is Where We Begin Reviewed by: vppark2, on august 01, 2012

Sound: Thousand Foot Krutch - A band name that sounds so strange, yet silly, develops an album titled "The End Is Where We Begin". "TEIWWB" is a solid effort from a band I honestly can truly never understand. Part of the reason is because over half the songs they have ever made are soft Christian songs, and then the other half is filled with silly Christian-type rapping that usually never make much sense, or is just lame. Don't get me wrong I like the way that they do some songs, but most get too old for me. Honestly, I can say I'm not quite a TFK fan by the way you see me talking here. Maybe I have to be Christian to truly understand. Its like the same way with me trying to listen to P.O.D. I just can't handle the fact of how silly the music sounds, especially when I hear rap attempts. Anyways, I like this album, not love. // 7

Lyrics: Right off the bat, the song with the best lyrics on this album would have to be, "So Far Gone". Given this song a listen at first, I thought it was quite beautiful. Lyrics go as is, "I know they say that the space between Can make it stronger than we've ever seen. They might be right but I disagree. Cause I've never felt stronger than when you're with me. Sometimes I wonder why you even care. Cause even when I leave you're always there with me. And like a candle makes a brighter place. This mark you've made on me can't be erased. I wanna be so far gone in you. So far nothing else will ever do. I wanna be so far gone in you. In you..." This song is just so thoughtful, like I can imagine playing this to a special love (if I will ever have one). Given by how the lyrics are on that song, I then say to myself after listening to songs like, "i Get Wicked", what the hell was I thinking? Lyrics go like this, "I could be nice but don't test me. I can get wicked. I get wicked, wicked. I get wicked. There's no escaping it. Wicked. You want to kick it. Watch me get wicked. Step up and get it. Because I get wicked". Just what is TFK trying to say here? I understand that they like to make some fun songs at times, but its got to make sense to me if I really want to enjoy it. Overall, I guess you can call me out for not enjoying the lyrics well enough because I simply did not quite enough. It's not bad, and there is not one bad song, but some need to make more sense. I hope I don't sound too biased for any TFK fans reading this. I just never saw these guys too grand in lyric delivery. // 7

Overall Impression: Well, I get almost the same impression whenever I try to listen to P.O.D. They also remind me of Pillar. I think I get a little bit of a Skillet vibe at times, as well about the Christianity thing. After listening to "Light Up The Sky" oh so many times, I can say that that is by far my favorite on the album. I don't think its an amazing song, but there isn't really another song that I keep listening to. The song at times reminds me of Rage Against The Machine. The way Trevor raps at times, I just get that feeling that Zack De La Rocha took over the song, and quite honestly, it's sick. But I just hope its not me with the feeling that I get about me thinking that these guys can be silly with their music at times, or just plainly not make any sense whatsoever. I like this album, overall though. So good effort from the boys of TFK. Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to the future releases. // 7

More Thousand Foot Krutch reviews rating latest review