When The Lines Move Review

artist: three nails short date: 02/20/2006 category: compact discs
three nails short: When The Lines Move
Release Date: Jan 14, 2004
Label: Rock
Their style is really interesting. They have great stage presence but this album lacked that enthusiasm.
 4.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
When The Lines Move Reviewed by: SLIP(SIC)KNOT, on february 20, 2006

Sound: Three Nails Short is a band that started locally at my church, and then kinda grew big enough to get a record deal. They are awesome! Especially live. I love watching them live. Anyways, they have a really cool sound. It's like a good splash of punk with the electric guitars, bass, effects, and sometimes the vocals, but their sound totally transforms when they put the acoustic guitars on. The vocals really do sound a lot like Switchfoot. The singers voices sound alike I think. But, personally, I like Three Nails Short better. Their style is really interesting. I got this album pretty shortly after it was released, and they sound totally different on a recording than they do live. Live, they seem so much more into it. They have great stage presence. The album lacked that enthusiasm I think. It's not bad, but they're just more into it live. I especially love the song "Child Of Zion" which includes an awesome solo, and great intro along with a captivating rhythm in the backround. I definately recommend this album to any christian alternative/punk fan. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are really powerful. Again, I'll go back to the song, Child Of Zion, which has some really cool lyrics to match the sound. The music fits the lyrics so perfectly, I can't even explain it, the singer has great ability in this album. Shortly after it was released however, the singer left the band for personal reasons, and has since been replaced by someone that can definately match, if not beat the old singers talent. // 10

Overall Impression: I would compare them to the heavier side of Switchfoot. Recently, TNS has been doin some pretty heavy things that they have yet to put on an album. I think Child Of Zion beats all other songs on this album by far. If this were lost or stolen, I would definately buy a new one. I love these guys, and know them pretty personally, so I would do anything to support them. // 9

Comments