Bloodlust Review

artist: through the eyes of the dead date: 12/10/2007 category: compact discs
through the eyes of the dead: Bloodlust
Release Date: Oct 25, 2005
Label: Razor & Tie
Genres: Rock
This release is relentlessly punishing, brutal and chaotic, with jaw-dropping breakdowns, fierce vocals and unbelievable instrumentation.
 Lyrics: 8.7
 9.3
 9.1
 9.4
Bloodlust Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 26, 2006

Sound: If you want fast as hell bass drum and heavy guitar riffs, these are the guys for you. Their breakdowns and fluid transitions are amazing! The drummer in this cd is probably one of the fastest drummers I've ever heard on bass drum. The vocals are like distorted a little bit, which makes it heavy and in tune with the music. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are actually very very well written. They relate with the title Bloodlust, therefore most of them is about death and killing, though they are very well matched up with the songs. The singer like I said sings very raspy and low with distortion on his voive, which sounds awesome, and his lyrics are pretty cool! // 10

Overall Impression: This is actually if not my favorite cd I own, then rightup in the top! The most impressive songs in the album is definantly "Two Inches Away From The Main Artery" and probably "Beneath Dying Skies" All of their songs are awesome as hell! I love everything about this cd and the only thing I hate is that I wish they would come out with another CD like this. If I lost this CD I would hunt down and kill whoever stole it and if I couldn't find it on his dead body then I would go buy it again! // 10

Bloodlust Reviewed by: themetaler, on july 26, 2007

Sound: When I received the song "Two Inches from a Main Artery" on a compilation disc some time ago, I knew I need to purchase this album. And indeed, I was not disappointed. Through the Eyes of the Dead's first real full length CD (an EP and a split were released previously) is filled with fast, heavy guitar riffs and talented drums. They also know how to slow it down, on tracks like the aforementioned "Two Inches" and another favorite, "Beneath Dying Skies". "Force Fed Trauma" also has a punishing intro. Overall, the bands sound is intense, and they have an obvious knack for writing good songs. I also enjoyed the interlude "Black Death and it's Aftermath", which is a cool way to take a breather. But by the last real song, you start to hear the same riff recycled throughout. Which is no fatal flaw, remembering that this is still the band's early days. With a new album on the way (Malice), the band needs to expand and explore it's sound a little, because then they will be something truly amazing. Malice will decide if Through the Eyes of the Dead will stick to leading the pack or completely blow away the competition. // 8

Lyrics: I'll start first with the singer. His vocals are, at least, original, but the over-processed sound gets old, fast. His high screams are not as bad as his lows, which sound like breathing, and are barely even audible. I certainly understand the need to sound original nowadays, but I think the vocals could've been good without all the processing. Thankfully, they have picked up a new singer for the next album. As for lyrics; in my opinion, they are nothing special; they aren't bad, but aren't especially good, either. They fit the music well, but are a bit cliche, "You can't save us" is repeated over in "Two Inches". If you're not a fan of overdone vocals, you will find them a bit of a hindrance to the overall album. // 6

Overall Impression: Bloodlust is a great album, no doubt about it. On the music side, it is fast and well written, but on the vocal side, let's just say, if the vocals annoy you like they annoy me, you just have to tone them out and appreciate the music. Some highlight tracks are "Two Inches", "Beneath Dying Skies", and "Force Fed Trauma". This album is actually only five new songs, with two remakes and three interludes/intros/outros. But, even still, if this album was to disappear from my collection, it would definitely be re-bought. If you're a fan of fast, heavy music with good breakdowns, than this is for you. Now, we just have to wait for Malice. // 8

Bloodlust Reviewed by: SinisterScythe, on december 10, 2007

Sound: They are somewhat of death metal and death core mixed, they have great sounding and different styles, I like how there vocals are much different then any other band, they use different recording styles and setups to help there vocals be more aggressive then any other death metal band. They use different styles from soft to hard core none stop heavy action, or they just plain bring it all they have with the death metal in there name. The best album by them yet. // 10

Lyrics: There lyrics are overall the best and meaningful in every way possible. They use different styles of lyrics from good to evil and hateful or just being them selves. They singer has many skills and talents as well as vocals goes, he goes from hard screaming to deathly vocals that's the best part, he has great talent and the lyrics overall are the main and best part of this album. // 10

Overall Impression: It compares to The Black Dahlia Murder and some other death metal band, but the vocals are somewhat different and enchanted in this album that's what makes it really good and outgoing, I love the different styles and sounds and vocals, I dislike nothing. I love everything in this album! I mean some bands sound the same with there songs these guys don't listen to every song! They sound different and different style in each! I would so buy more then just 1 if it was stolen the best CD by them yet. // 10

More Through The Eyes Of The Dead reviews rating latest review