Malice Review

artist: through the eyes of the dead date: 12/10/2007 category: compact discs
through the eyes of the dead: Malice
Release Date: Aug 21, 2007
Label: Prosthetic/Red
Genres: Death Metal/Black Metal, Heavy Metal
The follow-up to 2005's Bloodlust, Malice builds upon the solid and dedicated fan base established while touring with Children of Bodom, God Forbid and on Sounds of the Underground 2006.
 Lyrics: 9.5
 9.1
 8.9
 9.2
Malice Reviewed by: synths, on september 17, 2007

Sound: I'm going to start off by saying that this is one of the most heaviest and downright brutal albums to date. The bands sound has a new taste of metal to it but with a hint of the old TTEOTD we all love. The sound of the CD is blended nicely but has a very raw unmastered sound to it, but it works perfectly for them, making htem sound even heavier. One thing I've noticed is that this album is a more overall talented album than "Bloodlust". "Bloodlust" was good but all members have matured greatly on this album. They also have gotten a new singer who in my eyes is 1000X's better than the old singer. No more high pitch screams, all low brutal growls. There are only a few solos and guitar fills but all are harmonized and sound beautifully melodic. And drums, don't even get me started. Josh Kulick is probably one of the fastest metal drummers alive. His bass drum is just insanely fast. His drumming in this CD is balls to the wall all out crazyness. Remember the speed of his bass drum on "Two Inches to the Main Artery"? That one fill where he went as fast as he could? That's his average speed on just about every song. that's the only way I can describe it. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics are basically awesome and very meaningful. The lyrics blend very well with the breakdowns and driving guitars. Some of my favorite lyrics are from "Failure in Flesh"-"Bring out your dead. Bring me their heads. An execution is at hand." C'mon how awesome is that? Another favorite is From "A Catastrophe of Epic Proportions," "Incinerated to remove the plaugue. Thrown into the fire screaming. Bruning half alive." The singer can sing this lyrics so heavily it just makes you want ot fight or punch somoneone in the face. He gets the job done in a way the old singer couldn't. // 10

Overall Impression: This blows Bloodlust out of the water and that CD was amazing as well. Every song is flawless and heavy as hell! My favorite songs on the album are Failure in the Flesh, As Good as Dead, A Catastrophe of Epic Proportions, Malice, To the Ruins, and Pull the Trigger. I love the solo in To the Ruins and the ending riff in Malice. Both are incredible. I love the low end vocals and the shear heavyness of the album. The only thing I hate is that they need more solos because they have awesome solos and maybe more songs. If it were stolen I would buy a new CD in a heartbeat and of course I would find the guy that stole it and throw him in a fire screaming, and burn him half alive! Buy this CD people, if you like bloodlust or just love awesome harmonizing, flying bass drum, and brutal growls. Then buy this CD now! You won't be disappointed. // 10

Malice Reviewed by: SinisterScythe, on december 10, 2007

Sound: These guys are a great death metal band, they sound great and one of the best band's I heard in today's genre of music. These guys have many styles different each song and CD they release. They have many different styles and talents. Their old album Bloodlust was nothing near there new stuff, their old stuff was so much better then there new stuff, their new stuff don't have any good sound and the sad part what happened to the different vocals? The vocals in this album just downgraded me a whole shot. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics are the same as the old album Bloodlust but with more meaning in there album this time, The compliance is similar to there old album in the past years. The singer's skills is so different this album! What happened to the good old enchanted vocals? I dislike the new vocals but overall I love the new album. // 9

Overall Impression: They still compare with the black dahlia murder and some other death metal bands. I like how they have different style and music lyrics in this album then any other band. I love how they spent some good quality time making this album and to release it, I dislike the new vocals and sound they used. They could of kept the old vocals in this album that's what really got me going on this one. If it was stolen I would probably take the chance of getting something else. But overall I really like it just not the vocals. // 7

More Through The Eyes Of The Dead reviews rating latest review