Young And Courageous Review

tides of man: Young And Courageous
Released: Feb 4, 2014
Genre: Post-Rock, Progressive Rock, Instrumental
Label: Self-released
Tides Of Man took a different approach this time, and continued without a vocalist, and in turn, we now have an all instrumental post-rock band, while some will still call it progressive rock.
 9.5
review (1) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Young And Courageous Reviewed by: vppark2, on february 20, 2014

Sound: Tides Of Man is a fairly well known band in the progressive rock scene. But with the departure of lead vocalist, Tilian Pearson, the future seemed to have been very unknown for the rest of the band. TOM did, however, require a keyboardist, Spencer Bradham. Who knows how much time they really spent on the making of this album, but they took a different approach this time, and continued without a vocalist, and in turn, we now have an all instrumental post-rock band, while some will still call it progressive rock. // 10

Lyrics: Of course, this being an all instrumental band, you will find zero lyrics on this album, but instead a sudden ease of mind, as these songs fulfill your mind. The drumming fills up some key parts quite well. "All the Years," for example, the very beginning of the song has quite an outstanding drum fill that soon continues in with keyboard. The keyboards represent a sort of happiness feeling. A feeling, such as walking on water or conquering the world. Guitar parts are what you should expect from a post-rock band. // 10

Overall Impression: It may be difficult to say who I'd recommend this album to, but this album should definitely be able to suit just about any crowd. Mogwai came to my mind first for comparisons. And So I Watch You From Afar can be another comparison, but all in all, this is quite an outstanding record that I was totally not expecting to come from a band who once had a lead vocalist. They pretty much abandoned the whole progressive rock style that they once had with Tilian, and turned themselves into an all instrumental post-rock outfit. All in all, they really exceeded my expectations here. Well done. // 10

More Tides Of Man reviews rating latest review