Tigers Jaw Review

tigers jaw: Tigers Jaw
Released: Sep 23, 2008
Genre: Indie Rock, Emo, Pop Punk
Label: Prison Jazz Records
The sound of this band is truly unique, they could quite possibly be the most underrated indie rock bands of all time.
 9.9
 9.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Tigers Jaw Reviewed by: Cloudkicker, on october 26, 2011

Sound: The sound of this band is truly unique, they are from Scranton, PA and are signed to Prison Jazz Records, they could quite possibly be the most underrated indie rock bands of all time. They have the frantic intensity of Brand New with the instrumentals of American Football mixed with some 90s emo such as The Get Up Kids or Braid. Coming from the tri-state indie/post-pop punk scene they really are surrounded by great bands and title fight covers them all the time. This is quite possibly my favorite band out of the 529 artists on my iTunes, and if you give them the chance they will grow and grow on you. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics can become sappy at times but the tone of the guitars and back up vocals just go with it in such a orchestrated way that it's ok. The choruses are usually short but leave a punch on your heart and mind. They have this post-rock groove to them but I have never heard singing like this since the old 90's mid-west emo bands. // 10

Overall Impression: This album will always be in my top 5 of all time I own in in digital and hard copy form, every single aspect of this bands music I like I can't even she'd doubt on any of it. I would buy this album for anyone who is into rock or indie rock or 90s emo or anything really. Imagine American Football, Neutral Milk Hotel, Brand New, Manchester Orchestra type of thing mixed with The Get Up Kids, Braid, Texas Is Reason, The Promise Ring, Jawbreaker and the angst of growing up loving and losing and having fun being a teenager and touring. Buy this and listen to it you are truly missing out, I literally listen to this album everyday. // 10

Comments