Humanoid Review

tokio hotel: Humanoid
Released: Oct 6, 2009
Genre: Rock, Pop Rock, Electro Rock
Label: Universal, Interscope/Cherrytre
Humanoid is the third German studio album and the second English studio album by German band Tokio Hotel.
 Lyrics: 8.7
 5.2
 8.2
 2.2
Humanoid Reviewed by: tokiohotelluvr, on october 22, 2009

Sound: I Honestly think this is the BEST Album ever! The lyrics are just so wonderful and totally loving the new guitar riffs in it :) It is also very techno-y and I like that they added that effect to there new sound. Bill's voice has gotten so much more beautiful (not like it never was, it was always beautiful!) but he just used it in different tunes now. I totally recommend this for anyone to buy! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics were amazing. I was so surprised to see that Bill put really depressing words and moods into the new music. I swear if you read deep enough you can feel the pain his songs are showing. It kinda makes you feel sad. But then the other songs are just Fun, Party Like! So you can get anything outta this new Album! // 10

Overall Impression: My Overall Impression was Very Happy Like about this new Album :) I honestly Love the Songs: Humanoid Phantomrider Hey You Attention Down on You In your Shadow Automatic Dogs Unleashed Zoom into Me Alien Forever Now and so on. & if it were stolen I'd buy 10 more! Hhaha // 10

Humanoid Reviewed by: foreverockin_ai, on october 26, 2009

Sound: Before I being, I love Tokio Hotel. It's very different and I admire Bill for being talented. I admire all of them. Seriously. But let's be realistic, shall we? // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics on Humanoid... way different than the lyrics from Scream. The lyrics... are painful, in a beautiful way. That's how I see it. There's a story in the single Automatic, "There's no real love in you." A human and an android--unable to feel emotion. You're able to tie that to a relationship, where you love that person, and that person doesn't love you back. In the bonus track, Alien "There's an alien in me. Who are you? Who am I?" Not knowing who you are, or being afraid of realizing who you've become perhaps. In the song Hey You, the beginning line, "Come on, you can look at me; I don't need to fit in. Stand up if you give a damn, it's the living season." Being different. It speaks the truth--don't care what anyone says about who you are or what you say, be you! Bill doesn't fail the fans. He gives his all, always. And the music behind the voice--Tom (guitar), Georg (bass), and Gustav (drums)--they give it their all. The music goes along with the lyrics in a way... that just clicks, naturally. // 9

Overall Impression: I was very pleased with this album. (Especially since it was my 16th birthday present.) It's a CD you can dance to and cry to. Favorite songs would have to be... lolol well, most of them actually. I was only disappointed with Forever Now, really. Zoom Into Me was kinda missing something too, but it faintly remind me of By Your Side (on the Scream album). If this CD was stolen from me--because I sure as hell wouldn't LOSE it... I'd cry. I got the limited edition Best Buy version. English CD with four bonus songs and standard German version. I'd be ticked. I would find a place to buy the freaking CD again! // 9

Humanoid Reviewed by: RetteMich483, on april 22, 2011

Sound: When I first started listening to the band I thought they were pretty good, since they had been music at such a young age and their lyrics were nice and I did love them. Sound... They moved from alt into Mainstream pop in a heartbeat. I thought it wasn't really anything special. Sounded a lot like todays mainstream music with the repeativiness and what no. All you hear through out the songs are rhythm Guitar and a few notes played on the keyboard and the drums going 1,2,3,4 etc. Don't get me started on the bass. // 6

Lyrics: Like any other song. He sings about Love and Love and guess what? MORE LOVE! I think maybe 3 or 4 of the songs aren't about love, but I guess it is nice because we all need some love in our lifes haha. This is not for the cold hearted. Singer is okay. He has a special voice that you don't usually hear, but it's not amazing. // 7

Overall Impression: I didn't like it as much as their old albums. You can't really compare to other artist yet... What I loved about it was, they did a bit of expermenting, even if it didn't turn out that well. It wasn't all that bad. I would buy it again, but just because I'm that type of fan. Hopefuly in the future they'll come out with a better album. // 5

More Tokio Hotel reviews rating latest review