Where Moth And Rust Destroy Review

Release Date: Mar 25, 2003
Label: Metal Blade
Genres: 9
Number Of Tracks: Christian Metal, Heavy Metal, Progressive Metal
This record has high trebled guitar sounds on some of the songs and it reminds of Anthrax.
 8.2
 7.4
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Where Moth And Rust Destroy Reviewed by: aenimafist, on april 09, 2007

Sound: I found it interesting to find out when I opened the CD book that the drummer wrote most of the music. Go figure. He is a good songwriter though. This record has high trebled guitar sounds on some of the songs and it reminds me of Anthrax. The first song, the title track, is a good kick-off to the beginning of an album. There is probably a story or lesson to be learned by listening to this album. It starts with destruction, then restroation, death, concealment, healing, and then resurection. Sounds to me like the life of Jesus. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics go from being remorseful, to despair, to joyful, to nihilistic in many shifts which adds a nice varrying tone to the album. They talk about quartering people and being destroyed by rust and then also speak of restoration and healing. The lyrics are very well fitted to the way the band sounds as well as the fact they are supposedly a christian band. The singer has a voice like two metal vocalists: James Hetfield and John Bush (Anthrax). His vocal style will shift between those two styles in the middle of a song which adds a neat effect to the music. // 9

Overall Impression: This is the only Tourniquet album I own but it is fairly recent which meas it has the creativity inspired by many of today's metal performers that weren't around back in this band's early days. The best songs on WMARD are definately the title track, Restoring the Locust Years and A Ghost at the Wheel. They have particularly impressive choruses and nice solos. One of the revolutionary thing about this album is that often, orchestra instruments are utilized and featured. Pioneering. I only wish that the songs weren't so long. They sometimes drag. // 9

Comments