American Man: Greatest Hits Volume II Review

trace adkins: American Man: Greatest Hits Volume II
Released: Dec 4, 2007
Genre: Country
Label: Capitol Nashville
American Man: Greatest Hits Volume II is the ninth album from country singer Trace Adkins and second greatest hits compilation.
 7.3
 4.7
review (1) 7 comments vote for this album:
American Man: Greatest Hits Volume II Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 23, 2009

Sound: Trace Adkins has his own style in country music, and this album has a lot of that. His sound is pure country, and he ain't afraid to get dirty with his songs (Honky Tonk Badonkedonk, Rough and Ready, Swing). That's one thing I like. Also, he can turn around and have very soft songs (You're Gonna Miss This, Arlington, I Wanna Feel Something, I Came Here To Live). He's always been in modern country music, but he hasn't emerged as a leader. I like the way his songs can have some good electric guitar, and others acoustic. He has variety. I like that about the album. He's not the best singer, but he has a great, low voice. My opinion can only give him a 7, though. // 7

Lyrics: The songs on his album are all decently well written, but not all written by him, if he wrote any. A notable song is Honky Tonk Badonkedonk, which caught my attention, because it was co-wrote by emerging star Randy Houser and long-time great songwriter and also emerging star Jamey Johnson. You're Gonna Miss This is well written, Arlington is a beautiful song that suits his vocals, and American Man is also well written. Other songs aren't as well written. His vocals suit most of the songs better than anyone else. I give lyrics a 8. // 8

Overall Impression: I enjoy this album, but in my opinion, he hasn't had enough success to release it. I think it was moving too fast to release this album. Hits on the album are Honky Tonk Badonkedonk, his new biggest hit yet: You're Gonna Miss This, and Songs About Me. The rest of the songs had decent success, but not enough to be on the album. I liked this album, the songs were good, but you shouldn't just put all the songs you released on the Greatest Hits Album. Still, I give it a 7. Sincerely, Guitarslinger // 7

Comments