The Lost Christmas Eve Review

trans-siberian orchestra: The Lost Christmas Eve
Release Date: Oct 12, 2004
Label: Lava
Genres: Holiday, Christmas, Prog-Rock/Art Rock
Even though it won't win them any new fans, The Lost Christmas Eve is rumored to be an "end of the trilogy" album.
 Lyrics: 9.5
 9.3
 8.9
 9.7
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
The Lost Christmas Eve Reviewed by: AH@2112, on december 19, 2005

Sound: The sound of this album is really good. I went to see them live and it is just like listening to the album (in a good way). There is a whole story behind the album which can be read at their official website. This band is classical to metal it just depends on the song. They are very versitile. I will give them an 8 for good. // 8

Lyrics: There are a lot of instrumental songs on this album. The singers are amazing. Their voices are unbelievable. Their really good. The lyrics seem to tell a story to this go along with the album's story. The lyrics and the singing skills are great so I will give them a 9. // 9

Overall Impression: I find this their second best album. The best songs on the album are "Wizards Of Winter" and "Christmas In Blue." I love the vocals and the guitar skills in this album they are phenomenal. I don't like how they go overboard sometime. At some points it seems a little too distorted and not really Xmas songs anymore. I would definatley buy this album if you enjoy metal. 7 for pretty good. // 7

The Lost Christmas Eve Reviewed by: Dashboard89, on january 05, 2006

Sound: Trans-Siberian Orchestra never seemed to catch my musical likings until this year, when I could really appreciate what I was hearing. This is a group of amazingly talented musicians under the direction of an astounding conductor, well, actually two conductors on when on the road. Every song on this album has a unique tone, style, and movement and all relate to christmas, telling a story throughout the album. It's so great to have a christmas album to listen to all the way through and not get bored with the sound. // 9

Lyrics: There aren't too many songs on this CD with lyrics, but when there are, you feel it. The words supply the listener with amazing imagery. All vocalists on this CD have amazing talent. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is certainly one of a kind. I like to listen to it throughout December into the first few weeks of January, then put it away so I can enjoy it even more the next holiday season. It's a brilliantly feastive album. There are so many amazing songs on this album. One of my favorites is Christmas Cannon Rock. It's amoung the more upbeat songs on the album, with driving guitars, and an upbeat rhythm. I've yet to hear something that can actually compare to the likings of Trans-Siberean Orchestra. // 10

More Trans-siberian Orchestra reviews rating latest review