Trapt Review

8.1
 9.2
reviews (9) 1 comment vote for this album:
Trapt Reviewed by: Rhuube, on june 03, 2004

Sound: I love the sound in this CD. HOwever it took me awhile to get used to it. Stories is a great exception to the loud and alternative other songs. // 8

Lyrics: I dont know why people are giving this album low ratings. I think that it is very well lyrically written. Stories, Made of glass, hollowman, and New beginnings (before the 4 minute ending) are awesome. // 10

Overall Impression: Go buy this CD. If you actually pay attetion to lyrics and judge music based on the way the songs make you feel rather than guitar all the time... then go get it. // 10

Trapt Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 25, 2003

Overall Impression: Trapt's freshmen album is probably one of the best new CD's to come out in this world of really bad guitarists. The album starts rocking the f**king house with the first release Headstrong. This is one of those songs that is really well put together. The rest of the album follows suit. There are slow points to this record like the tracks "Made of glass","Echo" and "These walls". Don't think that just because the songs are slow that they're slow they suck on the contrary these songs have great guitar playing with blistering bass lines. The only thing I have to complain about is the band used to be a rap rock band until everyone else did it so it has that nu-metal flavor to it. Also if you want a vocalist who screams through the whole song you're out of luck. So if you like rock not screaming or rapping rock JUST ROCK, PICK UP THIS ALBUM! // 10

Trapt Reviewed by: guitarkidSSS, on december 09, 2003

Sound: I heard Headstrong on the Radio, so I decided to pick up the album. It was a definite good move. All of the songs are exceptional, I've listened to the CD numerous times and I just got it yesterday. It's a great rock album in a time where everyone wants to listen to or play punk, it's awesome. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics go very well with the songs, from Headstrong all the way to New Beginning. // 8

Overall Impression: This is definitely an album worth buying. If I lost it or someone stole it from me, I would definitely buy it again. I love how everything just works and the singing is very good. The most impressive songs are definetly Headstrong, Made of Glass, Hollowman, and Echo. // 10

Trapt Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 26, 2004

Sound: Sometimes, the guitars sound kind of synthesized and poppy. A lot of the riffs are cool, but Simon Ormandy and Chris Brown are far from being labeled as guitar gods. // 4

Lyrics: Chris Brown is an okay singer, but he's not the best lyricist ever. Some of these songs, Echo and Stillframe for example, are over-cliched and poorly written. // 4

Overall Impression: This album is an excellent demonstration as to why you should hear more songs off a CD before you just prance off to Best Buy and get it, especially if it is a new band, such as Trapt. I just heard Headstrong on the radio one day and decided to go and get the CD. This album sounded less and less acceptable each time I listened to it. I feel as if I have lost some brain cells as a result of trying to label this as a kickass record. I don't think it was really worth the money I spent on it. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Trapt, the first one-hit wonder of the 21st Century. // 4

Trapt Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 29, 2004

Sound: This album is nothing special. Honestly, it gets so much attention. But it really is nothing that groundbreaking. The sound is below average, it just doesn't do anything for me. // 4

Lyrics: Corny. Very, Very corny. "Echo", gimme a break. Why is that song getting so much airplay. "Headstrong", if I hear it again, I'll explode. // 4

Overall Impression: Not worth buying at all. Seriously, get some good music. Like "After We Go" by Tantric or "Leave a Whisper" by Shinedown. Those are Cd's worth your money. This is just trash. 2 is a generous score. // 4

Trapt Reviewed by: Paroxysm, on june 02, 2004

Sound: I don't know why Trapt is getting a lot of bad reviews, as I see them as a great band. The guitar riffs from this band are catchy and effective. The solo's are average, but it's still good. Their sounds are original in a way, as the bassist take control throughtout the whole album (besides Stories). The drummer is very good, delivering great beats on all the songs. They may be getting a lot of attention, but I think they deserve it. // 10

Lyrics: Chris is a talented singer. He could sing the soft tune perfectly and scream out the next. His voice mix well with the riffs and drumbeats. The lyrics for the songs are a little bit corny, but the ones on Hollowman, Stories, and The Game seem powerful and effective. Their songs could be mean a lot to the right person listening to it. // 8

Overall Impression: Trapt is one those few emo / alt. rock bands that is good. Their best songs from this album are Echo, These Walls, Made of Glass, Stories, and Hollowman. I love every part of this album, besides the ending to their last song New Beginning, which have a 4 minutes ending. Just skip it after you're done. If I lost this CD, I would go back to Target and get another one, because this debut CD from Trapt is totally worth every penny that I worked for. // 10

Trapt Reviewed by: Whstripesrox, on june 07, 2004

Sound: I think Trapt has their own vibe to them. The sound is usually a distortion driven chorus with a melodic like verse. It's a change how Trapt uses some of the more higher-pitched strings, especially since Trapt uses 7 string guitars.I think it is rather refreshing from the other sounds of the time. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are pretty good. Not much to say though.The singer, Chris Brown sounds pretty talented to me. He can go from a soft voice to a raw tough voice. All and all it's not much to say here. // 8

Overall Impression: This album is pretty good overall. The first time you listen to it you think it's kinda boring, but after listening to it again you begin to like it. I like how Simon Ormanday has his own style of playing, but sometimes the high-pitched verses become annoying but it's all good. I think that some of the other songs are better than some of the singles. This album is worth your money paid for it. // 8

Trapt Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 26, 2005

Sound: When I first heard Headstrong I knew I had to get this CD. Luckily I wasn't dissapointed. The sound is nothing new, but great all the same. Some of the guitar riffs are just insane and the bass really help to pull the whole album up a notch while the drums offer a nive innovative beat. // 8

Lyrics: Overall I love the lyrics on this CD. From the rapid hard stuff of Headstrong all the way down to Stories. Chris has a voice that goes well with this style of music. All in all I think you will love the lyrics or be sorely dissapointed, I loved them. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great debut Album for a band I plan an following for much of their career. My favorite songs are Headstrong, These Walls, Still Frame, and Stories. I love the lyrics because I find them easy to relate to. If this album was lost I'd definaetly head out and buy a new one. // 10

Trapt Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 14, 2005

Sound: This band does get alot of bad reviews. But compared to the rest of the crap coming out, this band's sound is outstanding. Yes, "Headstrong" is overplayed. Yes, "Echo" has corney lyrics. Those people that judge this band on those songs alone need to really listen to this album. The guitar playing is new. He uses the seven string in way I haven't heard yet. The new tracks also show a little innovation compared to what is out there now. // 10

Lyrics: There are some corney lyrics. But name a ballad, love song, or whatever that didn't sound a little corney until you have been in that situation. Thats the understanding you have to have listening to most of these songs. The singer delivers all the songs in this album with power and finesse, and uses both very well. // 10

Overall Impression: For guitar players, it's a good album to listen to but not really study. I have studied it and and its all pretty simple. But they use these simple riffs with outstanding timing and rhythm. In the next album I wanna see what the guitarists really has in him. This album is worth the money, and it's an album that is alot more rock than 90% of the crap out now. // 10

More Trapt reviews rating latest review
+ Reborn 6.1 03/04/2013