Detox Review

8.3
 8.1
 8.5
Detox Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 02, 2004

Sound: It's pretty good. Some of the songs don't really sound to great with background noise though. I really enjoyed "Hundred million", "Ideal waste of time" and "Don't believe it all". I'm not really all too sure what kind of music it is but mostly it's soft rock. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are pretty good and well thought out. I really like the lyrics on ideal waste of time. The vocalist has a great voice. But hes not all too great a spazing out on the mic. // 8

Overall Impression: I'd say that "Ideal waste of time" is my overall favourite closely followed by "Don't believe it all". I haven't heard any of their other cds but it's really good. If it was ever stolen, lost, broken, scratched, borrowed I would go and buy it again, and probably one of there other cds too but I spent all my money on cds last week so I'm broke right now. // 10

Detox Reviewed by: starbomb13, on june 23, 2004

Sound: The sound is allright - with the light guitars blending with Greig's voice, with a pinch of drums (the drums aren't really the focus point, it's mostly guitars) and some bass. But listening to the album, the sound never sounded really original, it made me think "hey, where have I heard that before?" // 6

Lyrics: I'm not really impressed with the lyrics - they're not terrible, they're just predictable. In a lot of the songs, he used a lot of the same words (how many times did I hear "way" and "day" in the verses?)Anyway, the lyrics aren't original and have nothing special to them. // 4

Overall Impression: The only reason I bought the album was because of the first track - Hundred Million, but all the other songs from the album don't really sound like that song - they're mostly soft. Treble Charger has that Sum 41 sound (well, Greig is Sum's manager anyways) but Sum's lyrics and style is better. Anyways, I don't recommend the album. // 4

Detox Reviewed by: Oldreich87, on december 22, 2008

Sound: Well, I thought that the sound of "Detox" was pretty good. I started getting into Treble Charger not that long ago and that is why I purchased this CD. They made a very good first impression on me when I first started listening to this album. The vocals and the instruments were really good, however some of the background noises seemed a little pointless but other than that, pretty sick sound! // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics were pretty good. Yet again not so good with the background stuff but they were pretty impressive. The two songs off this CD with the best lyrics were "Ideal Waste Of Time" and "Don't Believe It All" but out of the two of them, "Don't Believe It All" is by far the best. Overall, I was quite happy with the lyrics and I think that their lead singer has a pretty good voice. // 10

Overall Impression: Well, this is the only album that I have listened to by Treble Charger, so I can't really compare it to any other albums that they have. This was a very good album and ther is really nothing bad to say about it. The most impressive songs were definetely "Ideal Waste Of Time" and "Don't Believe It All". The other songs were good too but those to seemed to stand out more. To wrap it up, I say that Treble Charger rules! // 10

Detox Reviewed by: Fuse49, on november 05, 2012

Sound: What a great album! The sound of Detox is solid. I thought every song on the CD had really good sound. "Hundred Million" was quite the intro to Detox! Nice heavy riffs and killer vocals. I really liked how each song had a different sound. Greig's songs were very upbeat and catchy and Bill's had that really nice, smooth sound that they always have. The most interesting sounding song on the album was "Drive". The long guitar instrumental at the end of the song was really good. The use of a slider was a really cool idea and it just give it such a nice sound. The way the vocals blend with the guitar on each song is what makes it so good. Overall I totally love the sound of Detox. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics were also very good. I thought they were well thought out and I could totally relate to them. The song with the most interesting lyrics was "Hole In Your Head". When I first heard them I was trying to figure out what they meant but as I listened to them more, I really started to dig them. Greig and Bill are really good song writers and they sing the songs very well. I am impressed with the lyrics on the album. // 9

Overall Impression: This truly is a great album. Every song had something special. I've been listening to Treble Charger for 10 years now and have always loved their music. I own three of their albums: "Maybe It's Me", "Wide Awake Bored", and "Detox". "Wide Awake Bored" was a solid album and Detox was definitely a great follow up. Here's my overall impression of each song: "Hundred Million". Easily the best song on the album! Love the heavy riffs and powerful singing. 10/10 "What You Want" - a great follow up. It has a cool guitar riff and cool sound effects in the bridge. 9/10 "Can't Wake Up" is a solid song! Instruments sound great throughout the song and the guitar solo is awesome! 10/10 "The First Time" - Bill's first appearance on the album. I really like this one. Nice soft rock song and Bill sang it very well. 9/10 "Ideal Waste Of Time" - one of favorite songs on the album. The instruments were great, the singing was great, and it's a song you can just totally rock to. This is also a song where the drums really stood out. I loved the ride cymbal in the pre-chorus! 10/10 "Hole In Your Head" - another one of my favorites. This song just had such a nice feel to it. The way the guitar riffs blended with the vocals really made this song. 10/10 "Don't Believe It All". What an amazing song! When I first heard this song I was hooked instantly. Very well done and one of the best. 10/10 "Over My Head". I really liked this one. I totally loved the acoustic guitar riff and the solo. 10/10 "Tired Of It Anyway" - very catchy song and you can't help but sing along to it! 10/10 "The Downward Dance" - very cool song any you can dance to it! I really liked the verses and the bridge. 10/10 "Drive". This was a very interesting song. The best parts were the solo and the long instrumental at the end. 9/10 Overall this album is awesome and it is one of my favorite CD's that I own. The most impressive songs have to be "Hundred Million", "Ideal Waste Of Time, "Don't Believe It All", "Hole In Your Head", and "Tired Of It Anyway". If this CD was lost or stolen I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. // 10

Comments