Baby Review

9.3
 7.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Baby Reviewed by: probablyalice, on june 20, 2012

Sound: Definitely Indie, chilled sound. This is a new band's first album and you can tell, it sounds raw and charming. It's hard not to like them, they have strong, catchy riffs and a mixture of crashing songs with a lot of sound and then some songs that you can imagine falling asleep to on long car journeys. My favourite tracks are "We Are Children" which was number one on the NME chart for a while, yet still no one knows who Tribes are, and "Himalaya" because the massive riff with the chanting crowd type thing they've got going on there is really awesome. // 9

Lyrics: The singer has a unique sound which is always a good thing especially for a new band. It's kind of similar to The Kooks singing but Tribes have some sort of sound that is maybe due to their recording or effects on the mic, but Tribes ended up with a cool sound that is hard to describe, a sort of dizzy sound? Hope that makes sense! The lyrics are quite hard to hear at times but does that even matter? Certainly not with this album. Sometimes the lyrics make the song but the melodies and the whole style of their music kind of puts the lyrics in the background and somehow it works? The feel of Tribes makes you not care what they're even talking about. // 9

Overall Impression: This is their first album so nothing to compare it too really. The EP had their killer track on so that certainly left people anticipating the full album! I love the totally new sound. There isn't anything around with the same feel as "Baby". It's hard to describe so you have to go and listen to it right now! It asks here, if it was stolen, would I re-buy it? YES! I'm considering re-buying it because I cracked the CD case and I want a perfect edition to hand down to my children! So I would deffo buy it again if some one nicked it, which they might, because it is that good! // 10

Comments