Forget Review

4.4
 8.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Forget Reviewed by: glennick, on july 21, 2011

Sound: This is one of very few newer albums that I immediately want to listen to as soon as the last song ends. Great beats and tones all over the place and amazing basslines. Very pleasing vocals and melodies. George Lewis Jr recorded demos after travelling abroad and looking back on his life and the people in it. Chris from Grizzly Bear signed him and released the finished album. // 9

Lyrics: Very nostalgic lyrics, in a good way. Good storytelling without boring me. Each song has a life of its own and its own memories attached to it. From "When We're Dancing": "I am trying to remember all the things that I've known They all shine soft and stand alone Like I picture you waiting at the end of a bridge But it's hard for me to render all the things that we did You play a doctor with the door unlocked Kissing on your cousin and we both got caught And this is how the path was formed inside the silent ground Those words in your mouth..." // 8

Overall Impression: This album is a little dark sounding but reminiscent of 80's sounds. I hear a little of everything on this disc, tho. "For Now" makes me think of Dredg. "Yellow Balloon" has a very slinky guitar riff straight out of a Radiohead song. Some Beach House, a little of Montreal. But the album has a very unique sound. It sounds like Twin Shadow. I would definitely replace this if lost/stolen. // 9

Comments