Escape From Cape Coma Review

twisted method: Escape From Cape Coma
Release Date: Jul 15, 2003
Label: MCA
Genres: Alternative Metal
Escape from Cape Coma is the debut of Twisted Method, a young Florida quartet determined to carve out a nu-metal niche of its own.
 8.4
 7.3
 9.4
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Escape From Cape Coma Reviewed by: Horvat, on november 29, 2005

Sound: Fans of nu-metal will love Twisted Method's first album release, Escape From Cape Coma. Whether you like heavy or soft, this CD caters for all nu-metal lovers. With a sound similar to Slipknot and Linkin Park, possibly a mix of the two, Twisted Method are sure to reach popularity in the coming years. Typical angsty screaming and melodic singing over low, distorted guitars are generally what you will hear on this 13-track CD. But don't be fooled, some songs are quite catchy. // 7

Lyrics: In brief, Twisted Method don't delve too deap with they lyrics side of things, they are good but they do need more work. Similar to many nu-metal groups, lyrics are sadistic and dark, and are a little on the simple side. In saying that, I mean that they're not exactly written by a genius, and come across a bit predictable at times. "What did I do to be treated this way? You keep beating me down, but I still ask you stay," as an example. On the other hand, at times their uncomplexity fits perfectly in with the songs. So it's a bit mix'n-match, at times the lyrics work, at times they dont. Nevertheless, the singer has a fairly good voice, able to scream and sing aswell. He even raps a little bit in a few songs to add variety. // 7

Overall Impression: I definitely think it competes with many other nu-metal albums out today. Its not exactly the most original album, as it sounds a lot like a mix of other nu-metal groups, but I'd say because of that people will like it as they can find something they like in it. It also has some really catchy songs. Some good songs off of it are "Rot," "The End," "Inside Out" and "Reach." If it were stolen, I might consider buying it back. Personally, nu-metal's not really my thing anymore, but for a nu-metal album its pretty good. // 8

Comments