Rattle And Hum Review

u2: Rattle And Hum
Released: 1988
Genre: Rock
Styles: Rock & Roll, Alternative Pop/Rock, Pop/Rock, Album Rock, College Rock
Rattle and Hum is by far the least-focused record U2 ever made.
 8.6
 7.1
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Rattle And Hum Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 04, 2004

Sound: This is my favorite CD/album ever! U2 is my favorite band and I was blown away with this album. Rattle And Hum is the follow up to 1987's The Joshua Tree, and Rattle and Hum is basicly the live recordings of The Joshua Tree tour and has some new music added on to it. Rattle and Hum is more than just a live record, it has new recordings and new songs recorded live, as well with some other classics recorded live. The live recordings were well done and it almost makes you fell like you were there. The Edge does his best work as a guitar player on this album in songs like When Love Comes to Town (f. B.B King) and Jimi Hendrix's The Star Spangled Banner. // 10

Lyrics: U2's songs are mainly about problems in the world and politics. The songs in Rattle and Hum follow the same pattern. Much like U2's classics Pride (In The Name Of Love) and Bullet the Blue Sky. Other songs are about love like When Love Comes To Town and All I Want Is You. Bono does a great job on the remakes U2 did, for example on Bob Dylan's All Along the Watch Tower and the Beatles' Helter Skelter. Bono sucseeds as one of rock's greatest frontmen on this album. // 10

Overall Impression: This is the best CD/album ever! U2 is the greatest band ever and have done a great job of delivering this album. The band works together to create a unique sound that no one can copy. This album proves that U2 were and still are one of rock's greatest bands. My favorite songs on the album were Helter Skelter, Desire, All Along The Watchtower, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride (In The Name Of Love), Angel Of Harlem, When Love Comes To Town, The Star Spangled Banner, and Bullet The Blue Shy. However I do like all of the songs and I suggest you go out and by this album. If you are a U2 fan, you'll love this album! // 10

More U2 reviews rating latest review