Sharpen Your Teeth Review

ugly casanova: Sharpen Your Teeth
Released: May 21, 2002
Genre: Rock
Styles: Indie Rock
Ranging from heartfelt acoustic numbers to outright bizarreness with grating vocals, there's no doubt that the mood sometimes coincides with the enigmatic Graham.
 9.3
 8.7
 9.8
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Sharpen Your Teeth Reviewed by: Parlour-Tricks, on february 01, 2005

Sound: There isn't sound, there is feeling. Each song has its different feeling. Barnacles has hopelessness, Diamonds On The Faces Of Evil has dark, brooding thoughts and Things I Don't Remember will get your foot tapping. It changes every song. Some are 'tough to listen to' if you're not expecting this little thing called "different." // 8

Lyrics: Supposedly a mentally ill man named Edgar Graham wrote all these songs. He followed Modest Mouse around as they were starting out. These songs are showing his mental decline. Type Ugly Casanova into Google and find the full story. Issac Brock sings with some friends from the Black Heart Procession and others. These lyrics are either philosphical or we have some really lonely guys. // 10

Overall Impression: If you are metal or any other of that genre-typing, ignore me. If you dig more artful music, like Modest Mouse or almost any indie band, this should be a buy. Some of the country twinge throws me but I can listen through. Do not buy if you listen to a 'hit' radio station. Again, I'd kill for it, okay? // 8

Comments