Becoming I Review

9.1
 8.2
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Becoming I Reviewed by: Until_it_sleeps, on april 19, 2004

Sound: The combinations of Unlocos styles adds a lot to this band. Their sound is unique and different from most of the new bands coming out. I love the guitar work to all of their songs, most have a mixture of acoustic and electric, but some have just one of each. The keyboardist adds a new dimension to their sound. He just backs them up in chorus' or uses some cool effects for an intro. Empty features a straightforward but awesome intro riff, then the chorus features some heavy distortion that is common with most of their songs. The trivks, techniques, and style make this a great sounding band. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are really powerful. Their pretty simple but all of them I find myself relating to. Most of them are about him being different from people, or losing a girlfreind. But they aren't plainly obvious like other songs, and you have to think about what you're hearing for it to come clear in your mind. I like the lyrics alot, they flow well with the riffs and atmospheres of the songs, and make the songs dynamic, original, and really clever. // 10

Overall Impression: THis is an awesome band. I never listened to them at first because I wasn't crazy about one of their songs, which I now like a lot. When I took the CD and listened to it I related with the band and I really like the music. Effects used are awesome, but not over done. All of the songs are either distorted or acoustic guitar, but the techniques used make them sound different somehow. IF this CD were stolen I'd just go buy another one, since it's notreally expensive. THis is at the molment my favorite band... I've bene listening ot it for a week straight and I'm not bored yet, so I recomend this CD to any fan of nu-metal. It's not really nu-metal, cause it features acoustic guitars and stuff, and takes a different direction then the generic bands of today. Their sound isn't really mimiced, and when I listen I can't really compare them to another band, because these guys are running hte lead for their genre. It's a shame they aren't popular right now. But if these guys can beat this record with their next one then they'll be known world wide. I have high hopes for these guys. // 10

Comments