Vulnerable Review

used: Vulnerable
Released: Mar 26, 2012
Genre: Post-Hardcore, Alternative Rock, Electronic Rock, Emo, Pop Punk
Label: Hopeless Records
The brand new album from The Used "Vulnerable", is pretty much what a lot of fans could expect from another Used album. It's a great album and recommend picking it up.
 Lyrics: 7.5
 7.5
 8.5
Vulnerable Reviewed by: skatelover_911, on april 02, 2012

Sound: The brand new album from The Used "Vulnerable", is pretty much what a lot of fans could expect from another Used album. Dubstep/metal breakdowns aside; The Used have always been a fairly artistic band that likes finding different objects to create usable noise for their albums. Before the release of the album, there were four tracks released through YouTube and if you did hear these, they are probably some of the worst tracks on the album, though still great. The way the songs transition throughout the album is great and very well put together and as usual, they never cease to amaze me. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics like in all albums past are very creative and dig deep into the band's hearts I feel. Though one of the heavier tracks on the album uses cigarettes over and over and over again, The Used have always come up with creative and drawing lyrics in their music well complimented by the music and the structure of the music. // 7

Overall Impression: In comparison to the past the band has had, it's hard to live up to which I believe they did struggle doing because it does not add up to The Used's earlier work. "Put Me Out" is probably the heaviest song on the album and is my favorite but I think the whole album is worthy of a listen. A lot of good things come from this album but please... Bands really need to keep this new dubstep craze out of the rock and punk worlds. It's a great album and recommend picking it up. Go have a listen! // 8

Vulnerable Reviewed by: GreaseMouth, on april 16, 2012

Sound: The first moment when putting on this album, you can hear that it is a typical The Used album. It reminds me the older albums instead of Artwork (which in my opinion was not really good) if you compare the music style in the albums. This time there are some other instruments included and some different style elements like a the "dub-step" part in "Hands And Faces" as an example. // 7

Lyrics: For me songs don't have to tell me a story, they just have to sound good. In this particular case I think in the most songs they fit perfectly in the songs. The skills of the singer are pretty good. Especially the screaming parts are nice and fit perfectly on this album and in the songs. // 8

Overall Impression: In my opinion when this album is compared with other albums it's one of the best albums of The Used. For me it had a good sound, good vocals, not much 'slow' songs, that's what I like. The most impressive song for me is "Hands And Faces", it keeps repeating in my head, and that's what good songs do. If it was stolen I don't think that I'll get a new one. It's good, but it's not an album which you can listen to all the time. Listened it several times now and I think I have to put leave it out of my radio for a while and enjoy it again in a few weeks. // 7

More Used reviews rating latest review
+ Imaginary Enemy 5.6 04/08/2014