The Art Of Telling Lies Review

9.3
 9.6
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
The Art Of Telling Lies Reviewed by: RickStorm, on january 31, 2011

Sound: This is one of these albums that gives the sleaze rockers hope about re-gain the big scene that the 80's built up, this album is sleazy and downright mean, they remind me of Guns N' Roses, not their sound, but their attidude, and there's some great stuff and some stuff that's less great. But the guitar work is awesome, the 2 guitars fit in perfectly with each other in some kinda rhythm you can recognize in Guns N'roses. And one thing I love about the band, is their lead singer Lizzy Devines angry-in-your-face voice, fits like a glove. "Everybody loves you when you're dead" got this chorus that never goes out of your head, its a great Rock N' Roll song. "Mind Pollution" is not of the same quality, but its also a great song. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are more serious then any other band in the same genre, its great to hear a band that's not ONLY braggin' about how much chicks the nail and how much they party, don't get me wrong, I love songs in those subjects, but it gets boring after you listen to it to much (haha). The singer is great he got serious talent, very, very great, even dough I'd love to hear more ballads from them. // 9

Overall Impression: Compared to their last album "lit up let down" this one kicks its ass fu**ing hard! The previous album was very good, very sleazy, but it didn't have "that little extra" if you know what I mean, something was missing. They most Impressive songs? Well, let me put it this way, if you like it fast, agressive, sleazy and insane Rock N' Roll, I'd go for "Get It On", its my favorite song,"Everybody Loves You When Your Dead" is kinda the same, but in different lyrics and music ofcourse(haha), next sond I'd say be "mind pollution" its just great the way it sound with the drums and guitars. And if I lost this album I'd by 2 more copies jus incase I'd loose it again, a great ROck N Roll Album. // 10

Comments