Total Universe Man Review

Valient Thorr: Total Universe Man
Released: Jun 7, 2005
Label: Volcom
Genre: Rock
Valient Thorr sound like they came from Bon Scott's Australia and/or Sweet's 'Ballroom Blitz' Britain, but they've come all the way from Venus!
 9.3
 8.7
 9.9
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Total Universe Man Reviewed by: newyorkdolls138, on july 12, 2005

Sound: My favorite band from Venus is back with their new album, Total Universe Man. Valient Thorr is a metal/punk/gospel group with a great unique sound that is hard to come by these days. The sound is almost cheesey, but it a fun, rock all night kind of way. The vocals are a little shaky in a lot of the songs but the make up for it with everything else. // 8

Lyrics: Because they are from Venus some of the lyrics don't quite relate to us here on earth. Most lyrics are fast and go along well with the rest of the album very nicley. Constant shout of "Oh God!" an "Oh Yeah!" make these great for drunken sing-a-long fests. // 8

Overall Impression: With so much blandness in todays music Valient Thorr Passes most other bands with flying colors. My Favorite song on the album is "Tough Customer" wich has a quit intro then shifts into a whirling mass of chanting "Tough! Tough! Tough!" Along to a three-chord power riff. I love the intensity and power, but the vocals need a little shaping to be perfect. // 10

More Valient Thorr reviews rating latest review