Hope For Haiti Now Review

8.7
 8.8
review (1) 9 comments vote for this album:
Hope For Haiti Now Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 26, 2010

Sound: Hope For Haiti Now really has excellent music on it, and the proceeds go to Haiti charities. It has some group performances I NEVER though would happen. Even though now you can only purchase the album on itunes, it will soon be available in stores. Very soon, I'm guessing, because it has already broke a couple records on itunes with a proceed of $54 million and counting. The charity of the album is good, but the sound of the album is a mix of rock, country, r&b, rap, pop, and carribean music stars, making for one wierd selection of music. It basically has something to satisfy everyone. // 9

Lyrics: Most of the songs have something inspirational to them, because the theme is Hope For Haiti. Here's what I think of the tracks: 01. Alicia Keys- Send Me an Angel: good piano and vocals, although very shakey vocals on the big notes at the end. 7 02. Coldplay- A Message 2010: good vocals as usual from Coldplay, excallent song, excellent acoustic guitar. 9 03. Bruce Springsteen- We Shall Overcome: good acoustic guitar riff by Bruce, good vocals. 8 04. Stevie Wonder- A Time To Love/Bridge Over Troubled Water: one of the artists I don't like, but respect. good vocals. good piano. 7 05. Shakira feat. The Roots- I'll Stand By You: I've always been annoyed by her voice. good song. 7 06. John Legend- Motherless Child: I like this song. good vocals. 8 07. Mary J. Blige feat. The Roots- Hard Times (Come Again No More): I Like It. 7 08. Taylor Swift- Breathless: nice song. no doubt she wrote it. 7 09. Christina Aguilera- Lift Me Up: not the best, but enjoyable. 7 10. Sting- Driven To Tears: good. 7 11. Beyonce- Halo: I like this song. catchy. 8 12. Keith Urban, Kid Rock, Sheryl Crow- Lean on Me: excellent. one of the standouts of the album. 9 13. Madonna- Like a Prayer: good. not great. 6 14. Justin Timberlake feat. Charlie Sexton- Hallelujah: probably the best remake of that song ever. excellent. 9 15. Jennifer Hudson feat. The Roots- Let It Be: very good. 8 16. Emeline Michel- Many Rivers To Cross: not my favorite track. good though. 7 17. Bono, the Edge, Jay-Z and Rihanna- Stranded(Haiti Mon Amour)-Live: the wierdest mix on the album, but one of the best. 9 18. Dave Matthews and Neil Young- Alone and Forsaken: good voice mix. Neil's not so young anymore, is he. 8 19. Wyclef Jean- Rivers of Babylon/Yele(Medley): wierd song, but inspirational. 7 20. Bono, the Edge, Jay-Z and Rihanna- Stranded(Haiti Mon Amour)-1.0: cool, better than the live version. 9 // 8

Overall Impression: This album really does have something for any music lover. I really respect all kinds of music though, so I like everything. I like the mix of music. Awesome. Releasing some of these tracks to radio would be a good idea. I'm sure any one of these would climb the charts. Great cause, great album. Sincerely, Guitarslinger // 9

More Various reviews rating latest review
+ Guitar Masters Vol. 3 & 4: Les Paul Dedication 9.6 06/02/2010