Forever Free: Sublime Tribute Review

various artists: Forever Free: Sublime Tribute
Release Date: Jan 24, 2006
Label: Baseline
Genres: Rock
This record includes Sublime songs performed by No Use for a Name, Guttermouth, Voodoo Glow Skulls, 1208 and others.
 7.6
 5.1
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Forever Free: Sublime Tribute Reviewed by: ForeverFree, on march 13, 2006

Sound: This is a great tribute. The sound is incredible, it's more of a punk kind of version but is still great. I think that after the response of the other cover album "Look At All The Love We Found" that needed to hear bigger hits by Sublime, this would be the follow up. All the greatest hits by sublime, covered by modern age punk certainly sound great. After Bradley Nowell's death in 1996 the massive response of kindness was met through music. So here it is, another awesome cd for Sublime. // 10

Lyrics: The songs on the album are mostly punk/ska songs, except for one song on the album (Ebin - Done by Ozomatli) which is rap. The lyrics definitely stand out and are loud. They give a great sound, and add aggression to Bradley's calm reggae lyrics. I think that this is a great twist and makes everything sound great. Awesome lyrics, just as always. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression would be blown away. I love this album so much, I listen to it over and over again, and stay impressed every time I hear each song so wonderfully covered. The only con to this album is the Ozomatli song. I was hoping there would be a better cover but, it is still great. Other than that, a great bonus to the CD is the bonus track written by Bradley's cousin at his funeral and done by 'If All Else Fails'. If it was stolen or lost I would buy it again but this was the last copy at the local store, but I would search the world for it. // 10

More Various Artists reviews rating latest review