The Best Air Guitar Album In The World... Ever! Review

artist: various artists date: 01/04/2007 category: compact discs
various artists: The Best Air Guitar Album In The World... Ever!
Release Date: Nov 5, 2001
Label: Virgin
Genres: Rock
It should not be mistaken for a "greatest rock album ever" kind of affair as it would cause monumental arguments as to why it includes Robbie Williams but not Led Zeppelin.
 Lyrics: 8.7
 4.6
 9.2
reviews (3) user comments vote for this album:
The Best Air Guitar Album In The World... Ever! Reviewed by: Midori: DDR God, on may 17, 2006

Sound: This is 100% pure rock, covering all decades and styles from the '50s onwards. Mostly, it's '70s/'80s stuff, like Queen or Thin Lizzy, two of my favourite bands. However, all of the 42 songs on this compilation CD are so great, Brian May himself picked them. Highlights of this are Smoke On The Water, The Boys Are Back In Town, Ace Of Spades and (of course) Bohemian Rhapsody, the greatest rock song in world history. No track can be hated here! // 10

Lyrics: Hands up who bought this for the lyrics, yep, there's no-one. However, look behind the general guitar-led guise, and you'll be surprised. You need a lot of talent to be able to sing all of these songs, especially the Queen songs! All in all, the lyrics never ruin the greatness of the music. They don't stand out, but they don't have to. // 9

Overall Impression: Before I bought this, I knew nothing about rock. Now, thanks to this, I absolutely adore it. This is the album that cahnged everything for me. There are no bad points here. If I got this CD stolen, after moaning, I'd buy a new one, after burning the house down of the guy who stole it from me. // 10

The Best Air Guitar Album In The World... Ever! Reviewed by: Crash91, on june 19, 2006

Sound: This 3-disc album contains some of the most greatest rock songs off all time, like 'Bohemian Rhapsody', 'Free Bird' and 'The Boys Are Back In Town'. This album was made, because it was an idea to stop people finding 'Air Guitar' volumes 1-3. This album contains great rock songs that were mainly from the '70s or '80s, for example, Thin Lizzy's 'The Boys Are Back In Town' and Motorhead's 'Ace Of Spades'. However, there is even songs from the '50s and 2000's, such as Eddie Cochran's rock 'n' roll song 'C'mon Everybody' from the '50s and The Rasmus' 'In The Shadows'. The greatest guitarists that are included in this compilation are Brian May (Queen), David Gilmour (Pink Floyd), Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy) and the legendary Lynyrd Skynyrd. This album will be an ideal gift for any rock fan as it contains 52 unforgettable rock songs. // 10

Lyrics: No one actually buys a rock compilation for the lyrics. No matter how bad the lyrics are, people might still like it for the music. The lyrics are great, but even if it wasn't great, it wouldn't effect this album whatsoever. // 10

Overall Impression: Great songs, great album. Who wouldn't buy this album? The greatest songs on this album are Dire Straits 'Sultans Of Swings', Aerosmith's 'Walk This Way' and The Knack's 'My Sharona'. What I love about this album was that I could listen to it every week (not every day, because it would be quite sad). I don't hate anything about this album. If this album got stolen/lost, I would definitely buy it again. To end this review, 'The Best Of The Best Air Guitar Albums In The World... Ever!' contains unbelieveable rock songs, it is definitely worth buying. // 10

The Best Air Guitar Album In The World... Ever! Reviewed by: AdamDK, on january 04, 2007

Sound: The sound on this album varies from some of the softer rock favourites, to some hard rockin' songs. The album features some of the all time rock classics like "Freebird", "All Right Now", "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "Sultans Of Swing". Most of the material is from the '70s and '80s e.g. "The Boys Are Back In Town", "Here I Go Again" and "Smoke On The Water". The songs on this album are hand picked by rock legend, Queen guitarist Brian May. He has hand picked a selection of some of the greatest rock songs in history. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on this aren't really what stand out, it's the sound. Various Queen songs have lyrical meanings, and some other classics like "Layla," a song Eric Clapton wrote about someone he knew. But really, the lyrics on this album don't stand out at all. // 7

Overall Impression: This album has some of the greatest rock songs in history. Nobody can deny that. It's definately a must buy for any rock fan. The sound on this varies from soft to hard, meaning that it'd suit most people. It even has some blues on it with the likes of "Johnny B. Goode," a Chuck Berry classic. If I lost this album or it got stolen, I'd definately buy another. // 8

More Various Artists reviews rating latest review