Metal Black Review

venom: Metal Black
Release Date: Apr 4, 2006
Label: Sanctuary
Genres: Death Metal/Black Metal
Metal Black is an impressively consistent Venom release -- a pleasant surprise since it comes this late in the group's career.
 Lyrics: 9.5
 8.8
 9.4
 8.2
Metal Black Reviewed by: fl0w, on april 08, 2006

Sound: "Metal Black," the twisted name of the legendary album "Black Metal" is a pretty good title for that. The heroes of black metal came back to their roots, without improving. The only founding-Member is Count Mantas, new ones are Mantas' Brother Antton (drums) and Mykvs (guitar). So what can I say? The riffs are brutal as hell and the drums are just awesome! Antton and his double bass drum are just kicking ass! Imagine the Black Metal album with an awesome drummer, any questions? // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are typical Venom-Style, satanic, evil and just awesome. Who didn't miss classics like "I f--k of your head and trample on your bones"? Classical Venom, nothing more to say, suppose. // 10

Overall Impression: Well I was never a huge Venom Fan, I liked "Black Metal," but the other albums weren't so good. But this one is really awesome, I like every song of it. The openers "Antechrist" and "Burn In Hell" can't be dexcribed in an other way as: Soundtrack Of The Apocalypse. But this album isn't like other Venom albums, on which every song sounded the same. There also some slow songs like "House Of Pain." But there is no songs that are extremely special, erveryone is awesome! There's nothing to hate about this album, I love it! Every Venom Fan can by it without worrying about it. Everyone else can buy it too. You love it and if you don't love it, you'r probably a priest! If it were stolen, I would find this bastard, crucify him and take my CD back! // 10

Metal Black Reviewed by: Concrete_Burger, on september 29, 2006

Sound: The sound of the new CD has gotten heavier but has kept its originality and hasn't turned into the crappy mainstream stuff you find in "HMV" and those kind of shop's. Some songs are quite repetitive and can get abit boring but the reason for that is so it's easier to learn and tab for all the teens out there that want to learn some Venom. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics of metal black are more satanic than any of the other albums I think and these lyrics are more stronger and better to listen to if your really in your headbanging mood. The lyrics have their own timing and the music has a different timing but when put together it sounds really good. The singer's (Cronos) voice sounds deeper than normal and more violent/brutal and that gives it slight Cannibal Corpse touch without the cookie monster vocals, although that's a bit exaggerated that's the best idea I can give. // 9

Overall Impression: My favourite song in this album is Metal Black, simply because I love the start other wise I wouldn't be able to choose, antechrist and lucifer rising are both really cool songs as well. What's really cool about this CD, I must admit is the cover of the CD, it's got that cool pop out text and it's very fancy looking and I just love it, what I don't like about it, is the fact I had to buy it for $30! The damn shop said it's really hard to get hands on so they put the price up and also because it was new. // 9

More Venom reviews rating latest review
+ Fallen Angels 8.1 12/22/2011