Perverse Recollections Of A Necromangler Review

waking the cadaver: Perverse Recollections Of A Necromangler
Release Date: Nov 21, 2007
Genres: Deathcore
Label: Necroharmonic
It isn't the same as is the halfa-s grindcore/deathcore you can sometimes get. It's prime material.
 6.4
 8.7
 4.1
review (1) 38 comments vote for this album:
Perverse Recollections Of A Necromangler Reviewed by: xWindsOfPlaguex, on may 07, 2008

Sound: What can I say about these guys? Well it would be easy just to say that they are a brilliant slab of deathcore. However, that wouldn't be enough. So here's what I think about the songs. 01. Intro - some creepy sound effects to sink your teeth into, like a horror movie, but only without the visual aid or the crappy editing. 02. Always Unprotected - starts of with a feedback intro, not uncommon, and then thrusts straight into the action, with a riff good enough to decapitate a horse. Skillful drumming added to the mix, leads to a damn good track indeed. 03. Raped Pillaged, And Gutted - interesting title, that's a given. Nice tremolo intro, and straight again into the blastbeat, and speedy riffing with death growls over the top. The vocalists growls are very unique, by the fact he sounds like a draining sink, most of the time. Punishing riffs, brutal track. 04. Connoisseurs Of Death - discordant riff! And then straight into the breakdown. Definate headbangers track right here. And then into an aweosme riff backed by a sweet double bass line, slowing down into more punishing brutality! One of my favourites, this one. 05. Interlude - more sound effects for you to sink your teeth into. What sounds like tap water dripping, and a man coughing. Nice. 06. Type A Secretor - vocals that sound like the dripping tap form the interlude, and then blastbeats! Woohoo. Okay, this may not be an original concept for Deathcore and Grindcore alike, but it's pretty damn sweet anyway. 07. Tire Iron Embludgeonment - nice name again, chuggy chug riff to get it going. Growling vocals, and a slowdown to get the crowd moshing. It's all a tasty mix within the first 30 seconds. It doesn't get much different through otu th track, but overall, it's pretty sick anyway. 08. Blood Splattered Satisfaction - oh dear, blastbeats galore, and riffage from the get go, and more slow downy breakdowns, and draining sink vocals. Beginning to see a pattern? Nevertheless! It's prime material for Grindcore/Deathcore, so I'm not bothered. 09. Pigtails Are For Face F--king - men talking about shooting people, interesting opening. Riffage in the intro, into speedy blastbeat drumming and tremolo riffs. It's a great intro. Again, into the breakdowny, chug chuggy riff, to accompany the draining sink and bree bree vocals. Nice name again, one of my personal favourites. 10. Chased Through The Woods By A Rapist - breakdown and the real sink vocals come out now. Then blastbeat uptempo speed form nowhere, and heavy riffage. I like the sound, this song has an interesting music video to go with it too. A girl gets kidnapped and taken to a basement, and mutilated. Top stuff. 11. I Know The Insides Of A Women - talk of what a gun can do to a face. And then riffage, and a prime example of drumming talent. Interesting vocals too, I have no idea what you could say they were. Well that just about covers the album, I like the sound even though it can get really samey. Same old shit, different day. However. What it isn't the same as, is the halfass grindcore/deathcore you can sometimes get. It's prime material, and some of the best deathcore I have heard in a long time. // 9

Lyrics: Mutilating women. Slicing them into small pieces, after havign chased them through woods and alleys just to rape them with various cullinary objects? Interestingly gory and typical deathcore lyricism, but it's delivered with a nice slab of bree bree pig squeals and the classic draining sink growl. I love it personally. The lyrics are delivered well, and strongly, throughout the whole album, and don't ever sawy from the riffs, which Deathcore does sometimes. Overall. // 8

Overall Impression: In the deathcore genre, there are a few bands out there that might make an impression. Annotations Of An Autopsy would be one of them. However, AOAA have the slow vibe to them, and could perhaps bore your usual deathcore/grindcore activist. But not Waking the Cadaver. I heard their stuff from a friend on a random video he showed me, I think it was the video to Blood Splattering Satisfaction. Anyway, for me to remember it almost 2 weeks later, and then obtain the full album, it must have left a mark on me. The two best tracks I'd say, are 'Conoisseurs Of Death' and 'Blood Splattering Satisfaction'due to even though the album having the samey vibe to it, those tracks stood out the most for me. If this album was stolen or lost, I would buy it again seeing as I haven't heard deathcore like this for a long time, and I want to hear more of it. // 9

More Waking The Cadaver reviews rating latest review