Pride Of The Wicked Review

war of ages: Pride Of The Wicked
Release Date: Sep 5, 2006
Label: Facedown
Genres: Christian Metal
Pride Of The Wicked touches on positivity from the last album, but also expands on that to discuss issues of the heart and the negative side of pride.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Pride Of The Wicked Reviewed by: sage900, on november 27, 2006

Sound: This band has a fresh metal sound to it, it's hard to believe I haven't listened to them before, but the first time my friend put them on I've been hooked ever since. They use fast licks and good rhythem throughout the whole CD. The mood changes like tidal waves hitting you with every new track. One downfall of the CD is that the tracks tend to get long or seem to repeat the chorus to much. Overall, this band seems to have a new metal feel even though they have been around for a while now. // 9

Lyrics: The singer of this band goes from screams of rage, to hauntingly powerfull words spoken calmly throughout. Sometimes though the screaming seems to interfere with the guitarist who seem to want to show their stuff in the midst of songs. They mesh well throughout most of the album. // 9

Overall Impression: Of all the new artists I've heard throughout the year, this is by far one of my favorites. Everyone I've shown this album to loves it and wonders also why they've never heard them on the radio. This album has major replay in it and your favorite songs stick with you throughout the day. My personal favorite, aftermath, is catching on with everyone who hears me play it. If your looking for a fresh new band and have the money it's worth the buy, and a sure thing to keep in your collection. // 10

More War Of Ages reviews rating latest review