War Of Ages Review

war of ages: War Of Ages
Release Date: Apr 13, 2006
Label: Strike First
Genres: Christian Metal
The most interesting thing about War Of Ages is singer Leroy Hamp's relentlessly positive-themed lyrics, which he delivers with the same level of sore-throat fury as the average dark-themed metalcore singer.
 9.8
 9.7
 9.8
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
War Of Ages Reviewed by: Shock J, on march 21, 2007

Sound: War Of Ages is an excellent metalcore band. They don't have a lot of killer guitar solos, but their two guitar players play together so well. "Brothers In Arms" and especially "One Day" have some great breakdowns. The drummer plays some great double bass drum beats, but he doesn't overuse them. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics in this song mostly talk about the difficulties of this life and how God can help us and has helped us with them. The lyrics go pretty well with the music. The singer screams very well, and you can still understand most of his words. But sometimes he sings/speaks in parts and that isn't amazing. But overall the words and how they are sung are excellent. // 9

Overall Impression: War Of Ages is a great metalcore band. They are pretty heavy, but aren't overpowering. They are kind of similar to Killswitch Engage, Living Sacrifice, and Norma Jean (before Redeemer). War Of Ages is a Christian band, but it isn't completely obvious. I love every song on this CD, but the best one is "Battle On" (there is a tab on UG for this song). Every song has it's own unique breakdown or riff that you will remember it by. If this album was stolen from me, I would be happy for the thief and what he was getting, but I would definitely buy a new copy, although it may be hard to find. // 10

More War Of Ages reviews rating latest review