The Best Of Warrant Review

warrant: The Best Of Warrant
Released: Apr 2, 1996
Genre: Glam Metal, Hard Rock
Label: Legacy
This album, as is the way with all best of albums, contains a collection of some of the bands greatest and most famous songs. It ranges from the hard and heavy to the awesome and cheesy to the beautiful and erm... ballady.
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
The Best Of Warrant Reviewed by: Roxxie Roxx, on november 03, 2011

Sound: This album, as is the way with all Best Of albums, contains a collection of some of the bands greatest and most famous songs. It ranges from the hard and heavy ("Mr. Rainmaker") to the awesome and Cheesy ("Cherry Pie") to the beautiful and erm... Ballady ("Heaven"). It is not a definitive sample of warrant (would that be possible? I somehow doubt it) but a very good portrayal of the band none the less. // 10

Lyrics: The vocals are most excellent. Although he may not be a Jim Gillete, Jani Lane is an outstanding singer and this album does well to show this fact. We are shown how he can go from a soft singing style to a much more harder and aggressive style. Oh, I need to type in twelve more characters in the lyrics box do I? // 10

Overall Impression: Warrant could be compared to the likes of Poison, Motley Crue, Skid Row etc. and many other 80's metal bands. There are some truly great songs on this album. "Down Boys", "Big Talk", "Cherry Pie", and every other song on the album. Included on the album is their superb cover of Queen's "We Will Rock You". It shares very little in common with the original. All I can think of is the lyrics and the title. Apart from that they could be and should be regarded as two different songs. Well I'm slightly exaggerating but they are very different, especially for a cover song. This album was my introduction to Warrant and has opened me up to a lot more of their music. It is worth every penny (Unless you illegally downloaded it in which case you are scum) and I can't recommend it highly enough. // 10

More Warrant reviews rating latest review
+ Born Again 4.9 02/01/2012