Conquering The Fear Of Flight Review

wavorly: Conquering The Fear Of Flight
Released: Jun 12, 2007
Genre: CCM, Christian rock, Pop
Label: Flicker Records
Tupelo, Mississippi rockers, Wavorly, burst onto the airwaves with the ultra popular song "Praise And Adore" showcasing early on their breakout debut.
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Conquering The Fear Of Flight Reviewed by: fender456, on march 05, 2009

Sound: Wavorly is a kind of unique band. From the first track to the last I found that all of the songs were different from each other. From the first track "Introducing" where violins are the only instrument, to the acoustic eighth track "A Summer's Song". The singer has a voice that makes you want to listen to the songs more and more, the drummer is fast and talented. As for the guitar players, their riffs are fun to listen to, each song is completely different, and they definitely know what they're doing. // 9

Lyrics: The vocalist of the band is also unique with the way he writes his songs. Sometimes the words are hard to understand but still sound good. Also at times the lyrics are strange like in the song "Tale Of The Dragons Defeat". Most of the songs he writes I think are just for his own understanding, rather than for his listeners. // 8

Overall Impression: I think in comparison to other christian rock bands (and normal rock bands) it is a very well written, good sounding CD. I was impressed with it and the way that they can do many different types of songs. If it was stolen I would definitely buy it again and am overall very pleased with the CD. // 9

Comments