Smile Kid Review

5.7
 4.6
review (1) 15 comments vote for this album:
Smile Kid Reviewed by: RJA_7, on december 14, 2009

Sound: I was really looking forward to them having a new album out. They have been one of my favorite bands since I heard their self-titled debut. I went and bought this album as soon as it came out hoping that it would be as good if not better then their last album. This album isn't anywhere near as good as their last album. The guitars aren't as catchy and just sound like your typical pop band that use the same 4 power chords in every song. There are a couple that sound good like Heaven Can Wait, but it just isn't very good. I still the the sound of Travis Clark's voice, but that is about the only really good thing. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are not very deep or go together very well. Most of them don't really have that big of a meaning behind them. The vocals go along really well with the sound of the guitars, but they need some good lyrics to go along with that. Heavven Can Wait and Summer Love are pretty much the only songs that have a decent meaning behind them. If they could get some good lyrics to go along with Travis' amazing voice, then this album would come close to being as good as thier debut. // 5

Overall Impression: Honsetly. This is not a great album. I was hoping for another great album from 2009 to come out. When The Red Jumpsuit came out with their follow up to Don't You Fake It this February, I thought maybe We The Kings could do the same. I was wrong. Hopefully they can do something better with their next album. If this album was lost or stolen, I wouldn't really try that hard to get it back. It wouldn't really be worth the trouble. // 6

More We The Kings reviews rating latest review