The Dixie Dead Review

9.4
 8.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
The Dixie Dead Reviewed by: AnduNeedle, on march 13, 2013

Sound: I don't know if it is a coincidence, but though 2013 is Wednesday 13's year, he also came with his greatest release. In my opinion the sound is perfect. I mean, all the instrument are at their places. You can clearly hear the bass, the sound of the solos is improved, the drums are kick a-s etc. I mean, it's clearly that "The Dixie Dead" is Wednesday's best album. Of course, we are still talking about the sound. Those guitars are more aggressive in comparison with his other albums. My personal favorite riff is the main riff from "F--k You (In Memory Of...)". Man, that riff is a killer. All in all, the sound is perfect! // 10

Lyrics: When we are talking about Wednesday 13 we should know that his main themes are death, blood, darkness, homicides, werewolves, vampires, ghouls etc. Of course this album does not lack them. I heard somebody saying that the lyrics from "The Dixie Dead" are weak. I beg to differ. These lyrics are far his greatest ones. Personally, I love the lyrics from the song "The Dixie Dead". I don't know why. I just love them. The part when he sings "Tell you a story of the very worst kind" is giving me chills. Moreover, the song "Carol Anne... They're Here" has awesome lyrics too. I like the way Wednesday describes the movie "Poltergeist". Another song where the lyrics are genius is "Blood Sucker". I mean, you cannot observe that he repeats that genius lyrics "Just tap the vein, give it to me". So, as I said, the lyrics are brilliant. Once again, Wednesday managed to picture a horror scene decorated with blood and where the main characters are creeps, zombie and of course, their leader, Wednesday 13. // 10

Overall Impression: As an overall, "The Dixie Dead" is a perfect 10. It has everything that a horror punk album needs. Though it has 13 songs, from which 3 are more like intros and outros, the rest are genius. My personal favorites are "Carol Anne... They're Here", "The Dixie Dead", "F--k You (In Memory Of...)" and "Hail Ming". I don't know if I can hate something at this material. I mean, I'm a huge Wednesday fan and I personally love all his work. What I love about it? The lyrics, the sound, the darkness and the feelings that the album offers me.

// 10