Anosognosic Industry Of The I Review

Weeping Birth: Anosognosic Industry Of The I
Released: 2008
Genre: Death Metal
Label: Conatus Records
Lots and lots of hate. There are points with clever uses of plucked string instruments and organs (not the bodily kind), and very well thought out twin guitar solos, but most of it is just Vladimir expressing so much anger through his array of musical talents.
 7.6
 5.7
 9.5
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Anosognosic Industry Of The I Reviewed by: UG Team, on november 13, 2008

Sound: On the information sheet I got with this, I read nearly 80 minutes of raw hatred. Now I see what it meant. From the offset, this album doesn't show any signs of mercy towards anything. Most of the tracks appear to contain nothing but fast drums, fast bass, crazy guitars, deep (at times, inaudible) vocals and above all, hate. Lots and lots of hate. To put it another way, I wouldn't play this as a lullaby to your kids. There are points with clever uses of plucked string instruments and organs (not the bodily kind), and very well thought out twin guitar solos, but most of it is just Vladimir expressing so much anger through his array of musical talents. I have no doubt that Vladimir Cochet is a talented player as well as a producer, but this album is for, and only for, the most hardcore metal heads. I've expressed this before, but I'm no metal fan, so this album gives me a headache after a while (my definition of a while would probably be ten minutes), so be prepared for the fastest, most aggressive metal you can think of. The only break you get from the speed of it all is about 5 minutes into track 6, but that just gets faster and more aggressive again after a while. Vladimir must be one very angry man // 6

Lyrics: I can't make out anything on the actual songs, so I can't comment on melody and harmonies. The lyrics themselves, read from the sleeve, don't show much thought towards touching you, unless you count scaring and sickening as touching. A quote from the track Vaginal Secretions The dead foetus is sucking the c*nt, Lulled in the disgusting moaning, Of the motherly orgasmic wh*re, Vaginal secretion instead of breast milk. Lovely, no? Not for the faint hearted, I'll say that much. // 5

Overall Impression: I can't see this being on the list of perfect gifts for Christmas for any high-street store. Only the heaviest of hardcore metal-heads should consider buying this. For anyone else, it will probably corrupt your mind (seriously). The lyrics are disturbing and the music is anger-ridden and headache inducing. Watch yourself with this one. // 6

- Anthony Bentley (Belavista Man) (c) 2008