Situationist EP Review

8.2
 8.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Situationist EP Reviewed by: lln2myiz, on march 07, 2011

Sound: This is the first in hopefully what will be many releases from this Pittsburgh Punk Rock band. The impression I get from the first chord struck was amazing to say the least. The music is probably as beautiful as I've ever heard from punk of any kind. In a way I'm almost reminded in an Angels and Airwaves but stripped down without all the glitz. You definitely cannot mistake it for punk though. This without a doubt feels straight form the streets. The production is sweet too. I don't know what the story is behind the album but I hope White Wives has more to tell in the future. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are intelligent and thought provoking. They make me feel like going out into the street and taking on the world. Featuring members of Anti-Flag, American Armada, Dandelion Snow, and The Code you can only imagine what the lyrics are about. I don't know who is singing but his voice definitely adds to the motivation and sense of urgency I feel when I listen to this album. // 8

Overall Impression: I my opinion this is the best album I've had the pleasure of listening to in the last couple of years. There have been some outstanding punk albums the last two years or so but this is by far my favorite. The opening notes of the first track Hungry Ghosts led me to think this was gonna be just another punk album. But the distortion drenched guitars of a typical album gives way to a more controlled 'almost' stripped down punk rock that the scene has been missing for a long time. I say that because distortion is used throughout the album as an almost ambient sound. Another City For A New Weekend has this intense push pull that gets my heart pumping and my thoughts wandering off into some kind of positive place that I haven't seen in a very long time. Where's my mind has this 80's-ish new wave vibe that I really dig. I personally love everything about this album. I know I'm gonna get a lot of bad or negative comments about my review, but I don't mind. I feel confident about what I've said. I haven't owned a hard copy of anything for a very long time, but if I did I would buy this again. The only downside is there isn't enough songs. There are only four and the album comes in at about 16 minutes or so. I really wanna give this a perfect 10 but I'll save that for their full length release. // 8

Comments