My Generation Review

who: My Generation
Released: 1965
Genre: Rock
Styles: Rock & Roll, Mod, British Invasion
An explosive debut, and the hardest mod pop recorded by anyone.
 8.1
 7.3
 8.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
My Generation Reviewed by: JeffWiredBeck24, on may 30, 2005

Sound: The Who's sound here is very much influenced by R&B, which is really the essence of rock and roll, many covers of R&B artists and great originals including "MY Generation," "The Ox" and many more. The Who's sound is probably the heaviest of the '60s and the sound is more influenced here on their debut album rather than the perfectly original sound they acheive starting with The Who sell out. // 8

Lyrics: Lyrics on this album are good. Roger Daltrey's voice not yet fully devloped into the amazing rock singer he becomes around the Tommy era. But amazing lyrics on "My Generation" Pete Townshend beginning to mod into the amazong songwriter he becomes. Great lyrics. // 6

Overall Impression: Compared to other artists in the '60s, (Tommy James And The Shondells, The Beatles) this album is mush heavier and harder, John Entwistles bass is turned up so loud it could break your house windows. Most impressive song is "My Generation," very loud, unconventional, bass solos are amazong and shows John Entwistles near superiority to other bassists. If it were stolen, certainly go out and buy it again. // 8

More Who reviews rating latest review
+ Quadrophenia 9.5 08/04/2008