Die Reklamation Review

9.2
 8.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Die Reklamation Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 16, 2004

Sound: The sound is pretty unique. It's what we call "neue deutsche welle". You may know NENA whos hit "99 red baloons" was a big hit even in America and it got covered a few times (like from Goldfinger in 2002). It's hard to describe. It's kinda rock and can be mixed with punk or electronic music. But "Wir Sind Helden" are more like the punk/rock kinda band...nothing elecronic. So the music should be pretty new for you. I don't think you had heard about it before if you're not an european... // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are really good. Well, they are german but if you understand german you know what I'm talking 'bout. They don't just use simple words to describe something simple...(I know sounds kinda stupid). But for example if they sing a song a bout love, they sing about a "denkmal", in english a memorial. It's not just the kinda "oh, I love you soooo much..." kinda thing. It's pretty creative and unique. The singer is a woman and I think her voice goes excellent with the music. She really brings feeling into a song. // 10

Overall Impression: It's they're first album and it really rocks!I would emediately buy it again if stolen. The album has ballads as also punk/rock songs. I'd say something for everyone. I just love that it's sooo unique. there's also the group mia. but they're music is more electronical. But you can compare some song with the new and the old mia. album. I just love all the songs but if I'd had to pick it would be "denkmal" and "ausser dir". The cd even has a little movie on it about the band. Just a little documtary movie... The sound of this unique german band should be new to all of you who aren't from europe but even if you don't speak german you should give it a try and listen to it. If you would have any qustions about the lyrics just post a message...so have a nice day and go buy this album...! // 10

Comments