Golgotha Review

with blood comes cleansing: Golgotha
Release Date: Aug 22, 2006
Label: Blood & Ink
Genres: Industrial Metal, Death Metal/Black Metal
Offering a blistering and intense combination of death metal and hardcore influences, With Blood Comes Cleansing devastate on their debut album "Golgotha".
 9.5
review (1) 9 comments vote for this album:
Golgotha Reviewed by: rockforjesus703, on july 30, 2007

Sound: If you like your ears burned black by pounding guitars, crushing rythms, and three different types of screams, With Blood Comes Cleansing is the band for you. They are Christian Metal, and one of the hardest bands out there. You will hear upbeat shouts, high, fast screams, and death metal growls coming from them, along with fast and hard riffs and pummeling drums. If you like the hardest of the hardest metal, I highly recommend this band, especially for you Christian music fans. I guarantee you, you will not be dissapointed by them. I recommend this band for fans of Slipknot and Demon Hunter. // 10

Lyrics: With Blood Comes Cleansing takes the stereotype of heavy metal being black and evil and turns it around. Their lyrics are about Jesus, God, all of that sort of thing. The song "Golgotha" is about Jesus dying on the cross, and "My Help" is basically a cry-or rather-scream-for help from God. I love how religious and praising these songs are. Want to worship God through metal? Listen to them. By the way, you will not be able to understand them without the lyrics on hand, so I recommend looking them up or something. // 8

Overall Impression: I am overall incredibly impressed with this band. As far as I know, Golgotha is the only album available by With Blood Comes Cleansing, but it is a great one. I recommend the songs "Golgotha", "My Help", "Bring Out Your Dead", and "Persecution", but I don't really like the song "Take Everything" and "Betrayal". If I lost this album or it got stolen, I would first cry and then go buy it again, no questions asked. I really don't like to compare bands/albums, but it's kind of like a more smooth version of Slipknot's "Vol.3: The Subliminal Verses". It is also far more positive and praises God. In conclusion, if you like the hardest of the hardest metal, especially Christian, you will not be dissapointed in this band. Their songs are for God and Jesus Christ, in metal form. // 9

More With Blood Comes Cleansing reviews rating latest review