Ravenous Review

9.8
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Ravenous Reviewed by: Brotherbrodude, on november 28, 2012

Sound: "Ravenous" is the most impressive and fifth studio album by Swedish heavy metal band, Wolf. When these guys wrote this album, they must have been on a musical roll. Their preceding album, "The Black Flame" was amazing and "Ravenous" is even better. In my opinion. Of course. Now, most new bands are not accepted by hardcore fans for the sole purpose of, they believe all new bands are crap. That is not necessarily true my friends. These guys kick so much ass it's ridiculous. They still have that amazing new band sound while still mixing in power metal elements like explosive choruses. All around, this is a great album though, definitely check it out. // 10

Lyrics: Ok, so, the lyrics on "Ravenous" are pretty awesome in all honesty. Songs like "Love At First Bite". It's hard to decide on whether or not the song is about sex, or a snake. Then there's songs like "Hail Caesar" where the lyrics are morbid, but that awesome morbid. "I like to tear the wings of flies, and watch them crawl around, sometimes it takes so little, to feel so alive." It's lyrics like these that make songs. Niklas's singing doesn't cease to amaze me either like in "Speed On". The lyrics fit the music perfectly. // 10

Overall Impression: This is definitely the most impressive Wolf album. This album would go on my perfect albums list along with "Book Of Shadows" by Zakk Wylde and "Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good" by Megadeth. The most impressive songs are "Speed On", "Voodoo", "Curse You Salem", "Love At First Bite", "Ravenous", "Mr. Twisted", and "Whiskey Psycho Hellions". I loved this album. Everything about it is awesome. No complaints from me man. If it were stolen, I would buy it, and buy a backup copy. If I can find the album that is. Very hard to find since they're not that famous.

// 10

More Wolf reviews rating latest review
+ The Black Flame 4.7 11/27/2012