The Black Flame Review

4.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
The Black Flame Reviewed by: Brotherbrodude, on november 27, 2012

Sound: "The Black Flame" is the fourth studio album by Swedish heavy metal band, Wolf, and it is definitely one of their more impressive albums. Wolf was formed in '95. They've only released 6 albums, and somehow they're not a very big band. This absolutely blows my mind because they guys are amazing. Wolf's sound is that awesome tone that binds vocals and music together so well. They also have that new band sound like Holy Grail, Trivium, 3 Inches Of Blood, and other new bands that actually don't suck. Another good thing about wolf is that they have all clean vocals and Niklas Stralvind has just the perfect amount of Swedish accent as well. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on the album are definitely awesome. Stuff like "Make Friends With Your Nightmares" and "Children Of The Black Flame" have some really cool lyrics. Now, I do believe that the song "I Will Kill Again" was based off of Morgan Freeman's line from "The Shawshank Redemption". Niklas's singing skills are actually pretty awesome. Not mind-blowing like Matt Barlow or Tim Owens, but still pretty amazing. Again, the music and singer blend like crazy. A good blend. Not crappy undertone and growl blend. Some of the best singing can be seen on songs like "I Will Kill Again" and "Steelwinged Savage Reaper". // 10

Overall Impression: This is definitely one of Wolf's better albums like "Ravenous" and "Legions Of Bastards". The most impressive songs on the album are probably "Steelwinged Savage Reaper", "The Dead", "At The Graveyard", "I Will Kill Again", "Children Of The Black Flame", and "Make Friends With Your Nightmares". I loved just about everything about this album, just probably one or two songs I didn't like too much like "The Bite", but hey, that's my opinion. I would definitely buy this album again. I like to consider Wolf more in the speed metal genre so, it's not everyday you find a good speed metal band anyways. So yea, I would buy it again.

// 9

More Wolf reviews rating latest review
+ Ravenous 9.8 11/28/2012