Fever To Tell Review

yeah yeah yeahs: Fever To Tell
Released: Apr 29, 2003
Genre: Rock
Styles: Indie Rock, Garage Punk
Fever To Tell, their first full-length and major-label debut, also shows growth, but for the first time the band doesn't sound completely in control of the proceedings.
 9.5
 9.3
 9.7
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Fever To Tell Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 26, 2004

Sound: Sound is excellent. There aren't any live songs on cd you probably couldn't tell if it was live or not. Harmonics in "Rich" are brilliant. I love the guitar in "Pin" it sounds good and it is also easy to play so thats also a plus. Maps is a beautiful song, comming from a guy its weird but I think its great. They have a couple of solos in the album some not really matching the song but some go right along with it. The songs are simple but also intricate. Mostly using same chords and tabs over again. // 10

Lyrics: Karen O. is a talented lyricist. Most lyrics talk about sex eg. 'be my heater be my lover and we could do it to each other' in Cold Light. Also in that song O. sings of inscest, yum. My peeve about the lyrics is she somethimes runs out of creativity for lyrics. In Pin during the chorus she sings what the guitar plays instead of just real words. So lyrics are somtimes lacking "pizazz." // 8

Overall Impression: This is album is fantastic. You can listin to it over and over again. Or at least I can. They can compare near uppity up top of bands for me and other bands of their genre. My favorite songs are Rich, Pin, Modern Romace, Maps. And the band doesn't have a bass guitar so that sometimes saps the whole of the band but the guitarists are talented nonetheless. I lost the cover pamphlette thing but my sister (whom I stole the cd from) said it was average. Yea I probably would buy it again if lost. And I can't wait for the next album this being their first and only. // 10

More Yeah Yeah Yeahs reviews rating latest review