Embarassment Too Society Review

4.4
 8.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Embarassment Too Society Reviewed by: TylerYJ, on august 18, 2004

Sound: I just recieved this cd via "Ty" the lead singer of the Yellowjackets. It is just a promo of the actual cd that is going to be released in April 2005. The songs on it were awesome and the sound quality was exceptional. The instruments used are normal (unlike Yellow Card with a violin etc.) but the music is also very unique. Their style of music will get them far in the future. The players in the band are: Ty - lead vocals, key board; Hatter - drums; Kel - lead guitar, vocals; Nick - back up guitar (rhythm). // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics of the songs were great. In one song the lyrics would have you laughing your head off but in the next song it would put you into really deep thought. Any band that can do that is sure to be a good band, and I know you will like the Yellowjackets. // 10

Overall Impression: I like this album alot. The lead singer reminds me of an angry Kris Roe of The Ataris with the screaming capabilities of Bert McCracken of the Used. The guitarists are amazing and the drummer is truely a master at the percussive instrument. The most impressive songs are well it depends on what type of person you are, if your a person who likes to laugh there are songs for you, if your a person who likes to think about something theres also something on there for you. What I enjoy most about this cd is the versity of the songs and the melodies of the music. I like everything about this cd and it is just the promo but I assure you that "Hang Your Head In Shame" will be worth the purchase in April. It contains 12 Tracks on it (5 which are on the promo), and rumor has it that it will have bonus dvd footage of a live concert and a music video of the Yellowjackets. This is so far my favorite cd and band and I hope it becomes one of yours too. // 8

Comments